Playing with transperency (I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hi all ,

This is something I wanted to do with my avatar , but sadly I can’t do it now as becoz of the recent decrease in my post count from 717 to 277 , making me ‘resident techie’ from ‘Digitized’ (well okay I have no prob with that :) ) .

So because of this I have used the avatar of gxsaurav who is still ‘Digitized’(hope he has no problem with this 8) ) . Now we will see how we can use the transparency funda of ‘gif’ images for some fun . so we will see here how to make others see you as ‘Digitized Moderator/Digitized Flooder/Digitized Spambot’ from ‘Digitized’ in just 6 very easy steps.

1 . Take ur present avatar (in this case I have used gxaurav’s avatar) and open it in any image editing software like Photoshop or Fireworks.

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/203439767141e3da4527ea7.gif

2. If ur avatar is already using transparency then no prob but if not ,create a new image in Photoshop/Fireworks specify the dimensions as 80X80 . and then select the content as transparent.

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/newfile.gif

3. Now paste ur avatar in the new transparent image u just created . gxsaurav’s avatar already had transparency.

4. Ur pasted avatar will be a new layer in the image , move this layer a bit towards the bottom to leave some transparent space .

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/gxafter.gif

5. Now in the transparent space write the text ‘moderator’ as shown below.and save the image.

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/hgfhgfhgfhgf.gif

save it this is ur new avtaar :D

6. simple :D , now u r ready to use ur new avatar in the forum which will show u as ‘digitized moderator’ like shown below.

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/gxnew.gif

which earlier looked like

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/gxold.gif

(I hope the mods don’t have prob with this as now they have a separate image denoting ‘moderator’ above their avatar ) .

*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/gxnew.gif

also, u can do this too,as i did with my avtaar (but i didn't like it :? )
*www.geocities.com/tarey_g/gmod.gif

all verrrrrry easy to do .
Have fun!!!
:D

surdy

Broken In
Hey ........Really nice trick :wink: cool stuff .... but i too am afraid to use it here ..... the Mod here are good at there work :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom