Playing video Files on Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys
I am running the Linspire Linux version on my comp but it is unable to play any video files like avi or mpg . But the mp3 and rm are playing fine .

How can i access my hard drive on ubuntu linux .

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
And one more problem , even with the volume level compleately full , the volume is not that loud as compared to windows .

mediator

Technomancer
Ok!
enable the 'external amplifier' under "switches" tab in ur volume control to get full volume and check the volume controls over there if they r low !

To play video files u need mplayer or xine get the updated codecs!

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
If i am running Linux directly from the cd will i be able to install the player .

How do i view my HArd Disk in UBuntu .

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
One more thing guys , I am new to Linux so i am basically trying the Linux tat have been provided with digit without installing them . But while browsing thro the forum i came across various type of Distros most of whom which i havent heard . Can you guys please tell me the names of quite good ones and which may run on Intel 915 MB .

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
All most distros will run on INTEL. no probs..Some good ones are

Ubuntu
Fedora
Suse
Mandravia..

praka123

left this forum longback
@mako_123
if u use ubuntu live cd it may have mounted ur harddisk windows etc partitions....otherwise u can mount as mount /dev/sdax /mnt/windows,
where x is the hdd partn u wan2 mount....
with ubuntu installed u need to edit /etc/fstab to enter proper partition datas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom