Playing DivX file on DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi all,

Here are some DVD player in the maket capable to playing DivX format video....anyone knows the format of the disk to play it on DVD play?? Like I rip the video in DivX .avi format...can it be played on DVD player....BTW, I'm having Sony player!!

Thanks

*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/...&proxybuster=5GGBPG5T2O1QTJ0RMRESHQFHKFSEKI5P

*www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/...&proxybuster=5GGBPG5T2O1QTJ0RMRESHQFHKFSEKI5P

theraven

Technomancer
depends on the model of the player
and if it supports divx / xvid (mp4) formats
afaik sony doesnt have such players out yet
i just bought me a samsung p650k
it has mp4 capabilities and i "hacked" it to be region free as well
awesome piece .

OP
J

jack// ani

In the zone
Hi theraven,

How did you hacked it?? I guess there is some region coded chip...you just have to rip it off....am I right!!!

thanks

OP
J

jack// ani

In the zone
one more question.....

so far till now I rip all my videos with DivX...is Xvid a better compressor?? I'm really ignorant...about this format.......

theraven

Technomancer
xvid is just open source ( i think )
its same as divx quality wise

the "hack" i speak of is just a simple code and method u need to do to make it work ..
just google it :d
better yet here ya go ... search for ur drive if its listed
*www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Samsung+DVD-P650K

ofcourse neither the site or i take responsibility if anything goes wrong

The Philips players (in India) come with a small piece of paper with a 3 digit hack code that you can enter via the remote. If not, there's always the internet ;-)

theraven - Does the S P650K read long filenames i.e. greater than 11 letters? The Philips one I have doesn't which is quite frustrating when you have filenames like for eg. "S02E02 - Do Not Resuscitate" and so on. I always start with the season and episode number and most of the episode name is not displayed on my DivX DVD's. The only workaround being making recursive folders.

-Keith

theraven

Technomancer
keith i havent had a problem so far
i come to know the file from the begining of the filename ..
however ill go home and recheck ..
afaik i read somewhere that it DOESNT support it ...
not too sure tho .. ill even check the manual
but all said of all the players ive seen so far .. it definitely is the best feature wise and also pricewise fit.

@jack in that case u need a hardware hack ...
try looking at electronic shops if theres someone who can help u
its like having a mod chip for the ps2 or xbox installed

manmay

Journeyman
sony has introduced a divx/xvid dvd player which is pretty good performance wise.
having a divx enabled dvd player gives an advantage of putting in abt 6 movies dvd rips in a single dvd that u can burn directly onto the dvd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom