Play RM files, not using REAL MEDIA PLAYER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Anybody knows LESS resource friendly softwares that can play Real Media Player files.

The OS is Win98 SE.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Real Media player alternative for RM format
Quicktime alternative for Apple Quicktime format
VLC player for everything else
And don't forget to install K-Lite Codec pack.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
as rakeshishere pointed out, I too have heard that the latest version supports realmedia. But this site says otherwise
*www.videolan.org/vlc/
in the features
*www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

Unfortunately I do not have any realmedia files readily available on my pc to check out.

RealMedia Alternative works quite well and is lightweight from my experience

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
ilugd said:
as rakeshishere pointed out, I too have heard that the latest version supports realmedia. But this site says otherwise
*www.videolan.org/vlc/
in the features
*www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html

Unfortunately I do not have any realmedia files readily available on my pc to check out.

RealMedia Alternative works quite well and is lightweight from my experience

But i didnt use the latest version:confused: to check if i could play rm files..I had 0.8.4a and the latest version is 0.8.5 ;)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
So they removed support for realmedia files in the latest version? Why would they do that?

Oh, ok, but where do we get 0.8.4a

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
VLC never supported RM files .. Better is to install RM codecs with Ace Mega Codec or K Lite and use BSPlayer or MPClassic ...
I never install RealPlayer .. I suspect it as a spyware ... :|

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
Cool !

I'll go with Real Media Alternative then. Was looking for more smaller softwares. Anyway 6mb [RMP] is small.

Ty all.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Hey all of u guys r confirm that new version of VLC doesnt support RM files :confused:.I was surprisd hearing that..:eek:And b/w why would they do that in the latest version:(.ME had the old version from some chip cd and i use vlc rarely if cannot play files wmp:)

IF VLC never supported RM files then how did i play and check it:wink:...JUst say the latest version doesnt support RM files:) and me too think Real player is some sort of spyware and you can have the proper use of all its functions only if u have purchased the full version which is some what suckin:mad:

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
may be the files u played were renamed wrong and were infact not RM.

i have several RM videos and they dont play with VLC

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Rollercoaster said:
may be the files u played were renamed wrong and were infact not RM.

i have several RM videos and they dont play with VLC

AFter u said it ..I checked it again to confirm myself and it did play rm files ..I checked its extension and confirmed by all means that it is an RM file and i am using VLC:(

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Are those video files ..??? Cant be. .. VLC does play some RA files (audio) through Cook but the support is limited ...

altimate

Broken In
Use k-lite codec pack to add the codecs in ur windows media player
And u can play many damn VDO files in ur windows media player classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom