Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
As we know there r 3 types of HD TV....
1.LCD
2.Plasma
3.HDTV

which is better TV 2 buy...:D

just give their advantages & disadvantages....:smile:

I m confused between LCD HDTV & HDTV....they both r different i know but wat is the
difference ???:confused:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
depends on need. Each one has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

comparing LCD, HDTV, Plasma is like comparing Santro, Corolla, Audi A8

purujitb

Broken In
there are only 2 types(LCD, Plasma) which can be either HD or not.

Hd TVs are those which support resolutions od 720p or higher

u can choose LCD or Plasma according to ur budget and reqirements

karmanya

Journeyman
if you've got the bucks go for something with 1080p.
otherwise, the sony LCD's are pretty cheap right now, despite the fact that samsung's and sony's panels are manufactured in the same factory, there's a marked difference in quality, I have a year old bordeau and the audio sucks, not to mention the occasional ghosting and dead LCDs.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Best HDTV's are from

1) Sharp
2) Toshiba
3) NEC

Sony/Samsung/philips can't even come close to these. :)

1) Don't fall for Dynamic contrast ratio. That's just a marketing gimmick. Ask for Typical contrast ratio
2) Lot of difference between HD Ready and FullHD. Always go for FullHD if you have money.
3) Don't buy it in a hurry. Check what models are available in the store, take down the model numbers on paper, come here and post them. We will let you know which one's the best.

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Hmm...;)I see now HDTV is wining with 2 votes...& LCD & Plasma being on the same
level....good VFM (HDTV):D

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
May i know what is an HDTV according to you karanTH85?

HDTVs are of two types, LCD or Plasma. LCDs have become more common due to certain advantages one of them being the cost. Plasmas are preferred while buying a large screen such as 52" or so. there is nothing like HDTV separately. I think you got confused between Full HD & HD ready. These are also LCD or Plasma only. Generally HD ready TVs are cheaper and support only upto 720p & not 1080p. So they are not full HD.

I will once againg stress: there are only two types of HDTVs, not three

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I m confused between LCD HDTV & HDTV....they both r different i know but wat is the
difference ???:confused:
no they are not different.

hdtv is a version of lcd TVs, most plasmas now are hd enabled

HD is a feature of LCDs & Plasmas

if you have the money then you should invest in a hd enabled LCD, plasmas are meant only if you are going for a huge screen. please do remember that go for a screen size that fits your room, having a big screen & a small room, will make the picture look bad ;) the seating distance form the TV has a certain calculation for LCDs, I assume plasmas will have too, so check with the person you buy from.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@karan

HDTV..is one with suporting 720p or more....

LCD and Plasma are two manufacturing methods of screen..even CRT support HD...google abt it...

abt buying its just abt money...

Please arrange the poll...

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

May i know what is an HDTV according to you karanTH85?

I haven't seen the picture quality of LCD & Plasma dats y i m confused i think so..:D

But I once saw Slim TV in a shop it was there 4 xbox 360 (advertisement u know all
when it was first released in India..they had put in their shops 4 demo of xbox)

so.. i was seeing the picture quality of dat TV...it was awesome..:shock:.

Btw it was black samsung TV (dont LCD,plasmas) but screen size was abt 40" & price
was Rs40,000 1.5 yrs back so wat was it LCD or Plasma:confused:

techani

Journeyman
Continuing from what Imav told about the sixe of the screen... I heard that the size of the screen should be half of the total distance between the screen/tv and the viewer.

I also agree with Desiibond that the Toshiba is one of the best panels out there. Also learnt that Sharp and NEC is also equally good.

I have seen quite a few lcd panels from Samsung and Sony but I have always felt that Samsung panels are much more soft and easing on the eye than Sony. Please comment on this.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I haven't seen the picture quality of LCD & Plasma dats y i m confused i think so..:D

But I once saw Slim TV in a shop it was there 4 xbox 360 (advertisement u know all
when it was first released in India..they had put in their shops 4 demo of xbox)

so.. i was seeing the picture quality of dat TV...it was awesome..:shock:.

Btw it was black samsung TV (dont LCD,plasmas) but screen size was abt 40" & price
was Rs40,000 1.5 yrs back so wat was it LCD or Plasma:confused:
it was samsung bordeaux lcd - *www.tech2.com/india/reviews/lcd/samsung-bordeaux-le26r74bdx-26quot-hdtv/4603/0 maybe a different model, but was the bordeaux range of lcds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom