Not open for further replies.

p_d5010

Journeyman
Hi friends!
Well this is my present config:

amd 3000+ 939pin 1.8ghz o'ced to 2.4ghz
1.5gb ddr ram
asus a8n-e mobo

My vendor is taking above system in 5000 rs. and now I have to take new mobo,proccy and ram

so i was thinking if i can take the new mobo having AMD 780g chipset in a good price

My budget , including the 5k rs. the dealer is givin me for buy back is just rs.10k for mobo,proccy and ram :(

so, if i go to low end proccy like 5000+ and take the new amd 780g mobo what would it cost to me roughly?
whats the cheapest price i can get a AMD 780g motherboard??

thanks in advance :D

P.S: I can take even more a lower end proccy, like 4800+ x2 to adjust my budget in that 10k.......(i heard it costs only 4.5k inr (99$))

Last edited:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
First thing: U call 5000+ a low end processor? Well, it's not. It's a middle end processor.

Second thing: 780g is not available in India right now. Is it available at ur place?

Yes, u r right, 5000+ will cost u 4.5 k and 780g to be more than 4000 Rs.
But, it's a good choice. Wait sometime for ur upgrade. The prices of 780g will go down after releasing in India.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi friends!
Well this is my present config:

amd 3000+ 939pin 1.8ghz o'ced to 2.4ghz
1.5gb ddr ram
asus a8n-e mobo

My vendor is taking above system in 5000 rs. and now I have to take new mobo,proccy and ram

so i was thinking if i can take the new mobo having AMD 780g chipset in a good price

My budget , including the 5k rs. the dealer is givin me for buy back is just rs.10k for mobo,proccy and ram :(

so, if i go to low end proccy like 5000+ and take the new amd 780g mobo what would it cost to me roughly?
whats the cheapest price i can get a AMD 780g motherboard??

thanks in advance :D

P.S: I can take even more a lower end proccy, like 4800+ x2 to adjust my budget in that 10k.......(i heard it costs only 4.5k inr (99$))

IMHO, Getting 8600 GT + AMD X2 4200+ for 5k+3k is much better option.

FOr those who are getting a new PC, 780G will be a great option. But why do you want to sell your current system that is running well (i assume)

Don't try to fix if it ain't broke

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
^ ^ I already have a 8600GT :)

and ya..........i want to go dual core from my very old 3000+......hoping to see great improvements on current games..(i fear my proccy is botllenecking my 8600)

@khansaqib101: how much time i need to wait approx :-s really i think i need to go Dual core to play AC in full glory......ya it runs very well on 3000+ also, but still/.......

Anyone has any good option of config for the upgrade? i need only mobo,proccy and 2gb ram.....i already have 8600gt gfx card

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
the admin of www.theitwares.com once said he cud get this board for 6k
*global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1333&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171

couple it with a 4800+ which is for 3.8k now or 5200+ @ 5k
as this board is spider platform, getting an HD 3xxx or upcoming 4xxx series ATI cards will get almost 30% gfx improvement than on other platform.
and u can upgrade to phenom when prices gets down. Now the lowest is for some 9k or lower.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^ ^ I already have a 8600GT :)

and ya..........i want to go dual core from my very old 3000+......hoping to see great improvements on current games..(i fear my proccy is botllenecking my 8600)

@khansaqib101: how much time i need to wait approx :-s really i think i need to go Dual core to play AC in full glory......ya it runs very well on 3000+ also, but still/.......

Anyone has any good option of config for the upgrade? i need only mobo,proccy and 2gb ram.....i already have 8600gt gfx card

afaik, the hybrid crossfire works only with cards that come with crossfire enabled. I suspect, you might just see nVidia releasing similar board (hybrid SLI) to rival this one from AMD

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
@dom1nator: wont the 8600gt work in hybrid mode with this mobo :-?? and what complete config wud u suggest me now to buy........i can wait for another month or so if waiting is must for 780g

And just for my info, what is the latest price for amd 3870 and 3850 and nvidia 9600gt gfx cards?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
A small advice.
Buy the same motherboard and X2 4000+ and wait for the little crash in price of PHENOM and then hit it hard!

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
@keith:
no 939pin proccy is available now with dual core.....only some 3200+ are left

also, i dont know what wud be the price and when wud 780g be here in india..........anyone has idea abt it?

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
780G will be a nice chipset. I would definitely look forward to it,sounds tempting to have a Gigabyte 780G + Phenom in my HTPC or ***** rig :p

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yes there are, but those are heavily priced. So no point buying it. I also tried to get a dual core but in that price one can get an extreme or high end processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom