Pirate Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
OK Guyz,

While we still have intelligent copyright laws in India, I think that it is necessary that we must strive to maintain status quo. We can not expect this to happen unless we start working in this area before we have to start facing problems like DRM and net neutrality.

I therefore propose that we must form the Pirate Party of India!

For detailed work we must decide a time and meet each other in IRC.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
In India, I wonder if any people take the copyright seriously except those such as writers, film industry,etc.

Many people are totally unaware of copyright laws, intellectual property rights, etc!

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
For those who want BG info

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party

I have attached a PDF for detailed info. Please note that this is not a guide but just some BG info since we would be working on a different platform where we have not to reform the laws but to stop them from going bad.

I would also recommend that we should move this initiative to some independent platform so that it does not look in any way afficially related to Digit and its owners.

Last edited:

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
pirate party? :lol: what do people here know about piracy except crappy torrents along with the files hosted on one click hosting sites?

OP
kumarmohit

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Exactly, our goals are to be different than other pirate parties than the world.

For example we can focus on ensuring that companies who are still selling DVDs and VCDs etc as well as computer software at crazy prices bring their prices to levels where Indians can afford them.

Its good that we have equally good sellers for every bad seller say YRF we have a moser baer and when it comes to music DRM locaked YRF is countered by HCL MP3 music store (*www.hcllive.in/).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom