Piracy's legality???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I am not sure of this but i read some where that personal use of for example say a movie is not wrong but what is illegal is distribution ....... what does indian law say about it

tuxfan

Technomancer
If you "buy" orignial VCD/DVD/ACD of a movie and then copy it for your friends, etc. then that copying is illegal.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
so in other words distribution is illegal if i am the friend who gets a copied vcd i am not doing anything illegal but something 'un-ethical' thats all???

tuxfan

Technomancer
mAV3 said:
so in other words distribution is illegal if i am the friend who gets a copied vcd i am not doing anything illegal but something 'un-ethical' thats all???

What are you saying? Read my post carefully!! If you "buy" then its legal but any copy of that legal work is illegal!!

maindola

Broken In
Its sometimes clearly mentioned in the book whether you can copy and distribute the content or not....

As far as DVDs are considered legally you can make a copy of it (for personal use).....

ramprasad

In the zone
regarding books, some of the colleges even have prevented from being copied inside their campus....

regarding audio cassettes, even making a copy is supposed to be ILLEGAL

roby_is_cool

Broken In
hey bro, take my advice, copy or do anything but plz. don't sell them or distribute them publicly to avoid being catched by the anti-piracy department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom