Status
Not open for further replies.

chicha

High without substance...
Most of us are a major part of it, lets say we are forced to.

I am fed up of this ****. i do not like piracy, who likes it any way. Every one wants the original stuff.
But can we afford?

We are forced to copy reason is very well known cost.
A windows costs approx RS6000 when you get the same deal for RS 100.

The other factor for raising piracy is the drop in the computers itself.
The prices go down every month and every other month there is a new hardware boosting the performance.

for example if a person could not afford a pc few years back can now buy a nice gaming rig, and when he does that he will surely buy games but pirated cause of the price factor.

some companies are coming up with $144 laptops the reason is bigger market i.e people who can not afford mainstream laptops.
Come these people can surely not afford rs6000 or a OS
rs 1,00,000 odd for some thing like MAYA can they.

Originals should cost way less than what it is priced now.
companies have a huge margine for profits which if reduced we can get them for cheaper rates and hence reduce the piracy.
its logical i do not know why they are not acting on it.

what is our government doing? what are we doing?

its of no use if we are able to afford a nice bike or car and not the fuel or the other way around.

abhijangda

Padawan
I am agreed with chicha to some. He says that reducing the cost wil reduce piracy. But only to some extent. You might remember what does our indian culture say not be selfish but only help others. We are doing opposite of it. We should also think about the programmers who do lot of hardwork. What do you say reducing cost will decrease piracy. Yes it will but to some extent. This will also cause so much loss to companies making these softwares. I think that only one thing can reduce piracy that is Reduce price and govt. funding companies.

orkut is live & new example for piracy !! :D companies knows, but they loss few bugs due to piracy... but in return they get popularity.....its game...in the end of game , companies wins....

OP
chicha

chicha

When i said prise reduction i meant not to make it very cheap.
As i said companies have huge margin for profit all they have to do is cut the prises to some extent and the rest has to be the effort of this god forsaken indian government.

And as for the programmers
they are all well paid and cutting down the prise will not sting them to extention.
As far as the open sourse is concerned more awareness programs have to be conducted.
And Piracy is not going any where for next 5 years.
And as for OS's linux is not all that user friendly for new bee's

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
OpenSource is the way to go...
But piracy has to be curbed at any cost.
Logical pricing policy must be adopted by the big labels (in India) if they do care about the rampant piracy here...

Note : XboX 360 games are priced at 2.5k a piece :eek:

47shailesh

Security Exp
chicha said:
When i said prise reduction i meant not to make it very cheap.
As i said companies have huge margin for profit all they have to do is cut the prises to some extent and the rest has to be the effort of this god forsaken indian government.

And as for the programmers
they are all well paid and cutting down the prise will not sting them to extention.
As far as the open sourse is concerned more awareness programs have to be conducted.
And Piracy is not going any where for next 5 years.
And as for OS's linux is not all that user friendly for new bee's

What for a programmer needs a OS like of M$ until learning a M$ tech...

And SUSE is there when u talk about User friendly ness

Even a nike hoe comes costier that it.. :D

Why are you not fighting for making it cheaper:D

The reason is that evr1 fights for showing the intellectuality and there thoughts(great) of there own... and for sure when this thread becomes obselete or when you go to buy a new PC even M$ come in 1K u will opt for saving 900 INR :D

Last edited:

bkpeerless

In the zone
yes software piracy is bad and should be stopped
but game piracy should be ecouraged :) after all 2000 for a pc game = many peoples income.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hey I Agree To it Cause In A country Like India Where I Think 85% Of People Are Using Pirated Software Cause If One Is Not Buying Windows And Using Freeware Linux He Not Be Able To Use Many Of The Open source And Freeware Of Windows .

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
47shailesh said:
Even a nike hoe comes costier that it.. :D

Why are you not fighting for making it cheaper:D
Dude,Tell me .... Do u get some 5 pair of Nike Shoes????
One pair of sports shoes is more than sufficient. For LifeTime! At the max, ppl may go in for 2.
But, that's not the case if you go in for Xbox games.. No one will be satisfied with 1. I'm pretty sure of that! :D They are damn addictive.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
what about movies and music.
Tell me India doesn't have those 1 dollar downloads. so we have to buy the whole goddamn album for 1 song .
There are lots of movies which do not get released in India coz of censorship and other factors .hence we download it. i don't find anything wrong with this.

And regarding softwares . i wud buy a win vista if it was withing the 2k bracket with free upgrades.

abhijangda

Padawan
Why are you all so serious about piracy. I know that it is abig issue and mainly for microsoft. Don't be worry one day will come when people will not buy microsoft products mainly windows because of so much bugs and will go to towards linux mainly mandrake or rad hat.

*GandaBerunda*

Drool!...Vista
most products have a free alternative (eg openoffice for ms office) and provide required options for the layman. i bet that 70% of the people don't use any feature of word except spell check,find and replace and the basic text formatting tools. Piracy is caused only by the over hyped paid products

OP
chicha

chicha

i agree with you.
what i think should be done is, Our colleges have to conduct some programs and distribute and help its students on how to use these stuff, it will make lot of difference. I think most of the pirated stuff is used my college going students and this way it must cut down to some exten.
And for games i just can not come up with any alternative, free games are not as good and the best ones cost good too.
The prises can not go lower i think as these are already fairly priced and we need to keep in mind that these companies are not huge they employee 20-30 developers and they lot lot lot of work and they need to be paid well.
As of now i can not think of an alternative.

47shailesh

Security Exp
^^ Dude most(fair to say all) companies execpt one working on Mainframes are based on ur stated products. Companies generate there revenue on these

that's why there overpriced is fair enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom