Pinnacle Tv Turner on 19 TFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Hi

Recently i purchased 19inch Widescreen TFT Monitor and Pinncle Tv Tuner. I changed the aspect Ratio to 16:9 but still the screen doesnt fill up in Full Screen Mode.

Anyone has the same problem and solution to it.....atleast the live support guy on Pinnacle site didnt had :p

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Hi

Recently i purchased 19inch Widescreen TFT Monitor and Pinncle Tv Tuner. I changed the aspect Ratio to 16:9 but still the screen doesnt fill up in Full Screen Mode.

Anyone has the same problem and solution to it.....atleast the live support guy on Pinnacle site didnt had :p

yeah this is regular problem with 16:10 monitors...me too have samsung 940bw (16:10)along with compro videomate tv gold+ 2 but i have a solution for that.......latest compro pvr software compro dtv3 supports 16:10,16:9 & 4:3 monitors earlier one ie compro pvr2 had just support for 16:9 & 4:3 monitors...try ur luck with latest pinnacle pvr software& drivers

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
vivekbabbudelhi said:
yeah this is regular problem with 16:10 monitors...me too have samsung 940bw (16:10)along with compro videomate tv gold+ 2 but i have a solution for that.......latest compro pvr software compro dtv3 supports 16:10,16:9 & 4:3 monitors earlier one ie compro pvr2 had just support for 16:9 & 4:3 monitors...try ur luck with latest pinnacle pvr software& drivers

Yeah i have latest pinnacle application. I talked with customer support guy on their website and told him to pass the suggestion to developers :p

assasin

Banned
^^^ even i had the same prob.the only sol is either to use another pvr or resize ur TVC pro window to stretch over the whole display.do not use the fullscreen mode.u wont get fullscreen disp.

Sourabh

Laptoping
ptsci is the Yahoo! ID of Pinnacle's Tech Support. When I brought my card a few years back, I had some issues too which he/she couldn't resolve. I said the same thing to them, which you did :)

Sorry for not being articulate earlier.

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Sourabh said:
ptsci is the Yahoo! ID of Pinnacle's Tech Support. When I brought my card a few years back, I had some issues too which he/she couldn't resolve. I said the same thing to them, which you did :)

Sorry for not being articulate earlier.

No Worries :). I submitted a ticket to them using the Link at
*pinnaclesys.com/publicsite/us/Support/Consumer+Support/

I have to wait for 2 Business days to get a reply. If i dont get a solution, i wil try your method. :) Thanks for help

BTW, Full Screen works on Chris TV. It doesnt work on Vista Media Center from Microsoft either. A simple software made by a guy is better than a software made by a huge firm. Priceless :D

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, Chris-TV is really nice. I use it from the day techno_funky first found it and recommended the same to me.

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Sourabh said:
Yes, Chris-TV is really nice. I use it from the day techno_funky first found it and recommended the same to me.

Great. BTW are you able to get the remote working in Chris TV after follwoing the instructions. Also, do you know, how can configure Chris TV to show scrambled channels. Some channels dont come clearly and both Chris TV and Pinnacle just skip them:(

Sourabh

Laptoping
I don't use the remote much. Chris-TV folder in Program Files does have files and readme to configure the remote. I've tried it once and it does work in Chris-TV. Check it out.

Chris TV has option for fine tuning. You can manually adjust frequencies and set a channel, just like you do on a TV.

vivekbabbudelhi

shadow hunter
hi sukhdeep

i dont know whether u have tried it or not .try runnig ur monitor at 800x600 ie 4:3 and then run pinnacle pvr in 4:3 aspect ratio.ur problem of pvr would be solved.it wont make a much difference for picture quality of tvtuner whether u run monitor at 800x 600 or at 1440x900 as original picture ot tuner s just 720x576 . but lcd looks horrible to work at 800x600 so do a new winxp installation in another partition and run monitor at 800x600 in that partition & use it just for tv.....

i had done similar when compro pvr2 had just support for 16:9 and 4:3

thrash_metal

In the zone
Indian TV chns DONT come in a 16:9 / 16:10 mode ..... so how can u expect it to fill up ur screen ??
Eg: watching a movie on some chn which is cming in widescreen mode will include black lines up and down ... this whole signal is in 4:3 , converting that to widescreen will only stretch it ..the entire image includeing the movie and the black lines ... so u'll end up watching widescreen inside a widescreen ...

My suggestion would be , keep the aspect ratio 4:3 (res) and watch Tv and Hope before the century ends we get HD Widescreen Broadcasts !

thrash_metal said:
Indian TV chns DONT come in a 16:9 / 16:10 mode ..... so how can u expect it to fill up ur screen ??
Eg: watching a movie on some chn which is cming in widescreen mode will include black lines up and down ... this whole signal is in 4:3 , converting that to widescreen will only stretch it ..the entire image includeing the movie and the black lines ... so u'll end up watching widescreen inside a widescreen ...

My suggestion would be , keep the aspect ratio 4:3 (res) and watch Tv and Hope before the century ends we get HD Widescreen Broadcasts !

As far as quality content is concerned right now in India. The best option is either Tatasky or Dishtv. These offer you a few viewing management options which includes changes between 4:3 and 16:9 mode. The output is truly in that mode, it wouldn't be the widescreen in widescreen.

The present issue is not the problem of the TV channel operators, as they do offer different aspect ratio transmission and other options like multiple languages. It's rather a problem with the local cable operator who makes sure his recievers are only giving an output at 4:3, otherwise, people using normal TV sets will trash our local cable operators for providing 'cut off' content!

Hope it's clear.;)

thrash_metal

In the zone
@Help-Is-Here

Sorry Dude , I didnt know that Tata Sky also gave u a widescreen aspect ratio .... can u tell me how to shift to it ? As in what settings and where shd I do them ?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
thrash_metal said:
@Help-Is-Here

Sorry Dude , I didnt know that Tata Sky also gave u a widescreen aspect ratio .... can u tell me how to shift to it ? As in what settings and where shd I do them ?

Go to..... organizer====>System settings====>Picture settings, there you would get the aspect ratio, you can change it to 16:9 if you have a widescreen TV.

thrash_metal

In the zone
Yeah I found it ... but its not getting converted ... i'm still watching a widescreen inside a widescreen :-( ... yes the TV is a FULL HD ... This works for all channels or just some ?

OP
Sukhdeep Singh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Btw how is TATA sky quality on PC. My Local cablewala quality aint good. It looks fine on TV but PC......:(

How TATA sky looks on PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom