Pinnacle PCTV stereo users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
Its already 2 years that I am using PCTV vision ver5.90 s/w to view tv on my PC which came bundled with the PCTV kit... Never satisfied with the pctv Vision s/w and Pinnacle is not realeasing any newer version of it.
Problems I Face:-
1. Recording in MPEG4(mp4/avi) directly instead in MPEG1.
2. Remote functioning is also not smooth with pctvVision.
3. MPEG2 recording is diabled even though Hardware supports on the fly recording in MPEG2... Any solutions to record in MPEG2 format directly.

so any of the user come up with any solution to it.
Share in this Thread.

Cheers,
Anurag

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I have PCTV Sterio.

Q.1.) Not possible in PCTV Vision. Use other softwares...
Q.2.) Well its smoth and good for me... Dunno what kind of smooth functioning you want.?
Q.3.) You have to register your product at their site, they will give you a activation key. Put it there in "Enter Activation Keys" which is located in Start Menu- All Program menu - PCTV Sterio.

OP
D

dabster

In the zone
1. Which softwares..? any other s/w where remote is also configured by default.?
2. Yes, I was not clear in describing, with smooth I mean to say that remote doesn't responds well, and many a times it happens that PCTV Vision starts by itself... and I have tested the Remote -->Right click the tray icon for remote->configuration ->test, then the green always glows even when no key on remote is pressed.... seems it is with my piece only :(
3. You have to pay for that right :)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^
1.) Try Virtual Dub or WinDvr. I never tried them. PCTV is enough for me.
2.) It seems its only with your set. Put ur remote somewhere else and see the grreen light is still on on pctvremote app.? If yes then reinstalling the app will solve the problem or you might want to change the port where you have connected the remote sesor.
3.) Yes. You have to now. (But back then when i registered it was free. But now when I checked their site they are asking for money.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom