Pinnacle media centre on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Download the latest version from Pinnacle systems. I m myself using the Pinnacle TVCenter 4.7 with Vista but Pinnacle Media centre doesn't seem to work so far.

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
the problem that I have with tv centre is that I get only 10 channels that too with mediocre quality.

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
Have you guys tried MediaPortal .

*www.team-mediaportal.com/

MediaPortal is an Open Source application ideal for turning your PC / TV into a very advanced Media Center. MediaPortal allows you to listen to your favorite music & radio, watch and store your videos and DVDs, view, schedule and record live TV as a digital video recorder and much much more. You get MediaPortal as Open Source software. This means you can help in developing MediaPortal or tweak it for your own needs with lots of innovating plugins from our great community.

Free and open source
*www.team-mediaportal.com/

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
assasin said:
what tuner card do u own.aslo post ur full system config and version of Vista ur using.

Spec:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

gigabyte mobo with nvidia 6100 + nforce 430

1gig DDR 400

Pinnacle PCTV 110i.

Using Vista Ultimate 32 bit edition

I get 70+ channels in xp sp2.

Successfully scanned channels in tv centre. Problem is I get audio and no video. I get black mesh instead.

Settings:
county : india
scan mode: best quality
Video Mode: PAL B

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
ambandla said:
Problem is I get audio and no video. I get black mesh instead.

even i had this prob the first time i installed tvc 4.7.but the prob was resolved when i formated and reinstalled Vista

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
assasin said:
even i had this prob the first time i installed tvc 4.7.but the prob was resolved when i formated and reinstalled Vista

Is that the only solution? :-(

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
dunno.i cudnt find the reason behind the prob,so cudnt solve it.a few days later i set up raid 0 in my pc,so had to reinstall Vista.after i installed TVC 4.7 in the new installation i found it was playing perfectly...

Ch@0s

In the zone
PCTV cards work in Windows Media Center. I'm using a really old PCTV Stereo which gets detected as PCTV100i. All you need to do is get this driver (2nd item in the list). Even the EPG works in MCE/Vista.

*www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/...ownload+Area/Drivers+-+Updates?mode=documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom