Picking up an MP3 player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
I'm thinking of buying an MP3 player. Nothing fancy, I'm a simple chap to please. 1 GB seems to be enough for me. I went through eight to ten threads posted on this forum regarding similar queries, and since a lot of you seem to favour the Transcend Tsonic 610/630, I think its the one I'm going to buy. Could you tell me what to look out for at the shop? Warranty periods, any additional accessories, good bargains to drive, etc etc. What other players should I consider, just in case the Tsonic's not available? I'm not too keen on the iPod shuffle, and the Nano seems rather out of my budget. I'm looking at something around 3k. Like I said, nothing fancy.

Thanks, all.
DP

slugger

Banned
both CHIP and DIGIT have done PMP shootouts in the last 2 months. check it out 4 solutions
btw DIGIT gave the YES YMP-35 the second place. it gotta price tag of 3150. but its got 512MB of storage

if ur looking 4 just good sound the u may want 2 check out YES YMP-18
its recieved favorable reviews and has a 1GB version [3250 i think]

OP
Cyclone

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Just got in from a sortie to town. I checked out all the major dealers, they just keep the Nano, Shuffle, Tsonic 610 1GB/2GB, Philips 1GB with video playback, and Tsonic 820 (4GB with video). Is there any reason I'd want to watch a movie clip on a two-inch screen? I think its going to be the 610 after all.

Bowing to my vanity, I must admit I was slightly taken aback at the 610's looks. But then again, who buys these things to flash around, eh? Its the music we're after.

But still, creamy-tan? :-X

slugger

Banned
yup
*www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=71

yaar y did u have 2 ask this u cud have just googled it. d first site dat appeared in d result gave me d answer

OP
Cyclone

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
Just bought the 610. 2GB version. I must say, I'm impressed - darn thing's light as a feather, and packed like a bomb. I'm no judge of quality, but I must say its got pretty good sound clarity. Oh, and dad haggled it down to 2,100 from the original asking price of 2.8. Sweet, what? Thats why I make him do all the purchasing :D

xbonez

NP : Crysis
wow! thats one hell of a deal. i'm planning to get a transcend TSonic 610 within this week. could i borrow your dad for a day :)

OP
Cyclone

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
I tried my best, but the only one available anywhere was the 4GB one. Not too useful, IMO. You ain't gonna listen to more'n a hundred songs or so at a time - if you do, GET A FRIGGIN' LIFE!!! :D

j/k - What with daily sports sessions and classes, I have very little time to myself by the end of the day. Most of it goes in xeroxing my roomie's assignments ;-) So I don't need more than an hour's listening at a stretch. And I carry my music around, so shuffling the playlist around once a week or so won't be an issue.

@xbonez - for what its worth, I'd really recommend the 610. Sweet sonuva. Though definitely not eye-candy its still music to my ears. Buzz us when you buy it. Oh, and good luck with the haggling. Do try and sink my record, I'll be all too pleased - the govt's leeching us enough, without the help of those shopkeepers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom