PHP Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him007

Journeyman
HI
I want to learn PHP frm web only. Plz tell me any best website to learn PHP in eaisest manner.
Him007

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's great to know that you are trying to master the language from the web but be warned, it isn't very easy. :)

bukaida

In the zone
You can try webmonky's website.Lots of examples are there. If u can inform about your level of programming languege, I can suggest some more sites where initial chapters are skipped and it starts directly with coding.

bukaida

In the zone
Please specify your Platform(Win/Linux), Webserver, PHP version and the database u want to use.This will help me to give more customized websites.

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
My OS is win98, I dnt have PHP install in my machine, so plz suggest from where I will get PHP help(books) & program.
Yesterday I visited php.net it is also good website.
Himanshu

tuxfan

Technomancer
There are plenty of e-books available on net. Some legal, some illegal. Search for them. Use google and Yahoo. Can't post links because I don't know if the ones that I have are legal or not ;)

If you have earlier done C/C++/Java/Javascript then PHP could be easy because the basic syntax and rules are same in all these things. Even if you haven't done these earlier, don't fret. It isn't too difficult :)

bukaida

In the zone
First of all I will suggest you to install win2000 or XP as the compatibility issue will be minimum.Also some programs will work better as service. If you still want to use win98, then you have to create the batch file instead of services. visit the following link and u will get how to do it.For any clarification write in this thread at digit forum.
*www.jevontech.com/installapache.html

rohan

In the zone
aryayush said:
It's great to know that you are trying to master the language from the web but be warned, it isn't very easy. :)

What?? this is the craziest thing i have heard about php. Php is actually a very good and simple language to learn.

bukaida

In the zone
There are pleanty of sites on PHP. Some are realy easy to learn and some realy makes life complecated.So you have to choose the right site.

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
Dear all,
I have insatlled win200 server & IIS also. plz suggest me how to install the PHP program, I visited many sites but didn't get the proper solution, yes I need e-book.

Him007

tech_freak

Broken In
i agree with u rohan...even i found php very easy to learn...though haven't implemented it yet...i'll have to install php 5.0 for that..and then Mysql also...will be doin' so soon....but could anyone tell me where do i write the php code...i mean is it in the same html code...or seperate..i mean how do they interact with each other....like in the following snippet:
html form:
<html>
<body>
<form action="welcome.php" method="GET">
enter ur name:<input type="text" name="name"/>
enter ur age:<input type="text" age="age" />
<input type="submit" />
</html>
</body>
now the php script:
<html>
<body>
Welcome <?php echo $_GET["name"] ?></br>
u r <?php echo $_GET["age"] ?> old
</body>
</html>
now in this script above the name and age variables are replaced by the ones entered in the form....but how does it refer the html code....do we have to write it in the html code only or seperately...
please tell me...i know its the basic concept...so i wanna be clear with it ...so that i can start php coding...as soon as possible...
and yeah if i want to make a website with a .com extension...what all do i need please tell me what are these domain names...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom