Photoshop:: Image Effect: Dual-Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Here’s a simple Tutorial to help you create a dual-toned image.

Step 1: Fire up Photoshop and open up your image. I am using Elisha Cuthbert’s picture, you wouldn't know what I went through making this tutorial cause I didn’t feel like spoiling her beautiful face… I'm such an idiot.

*img126.imageshack.us/img126/3222/tone11yi.jpg

Step 2: Go to Image > Adjustments > Threshold. This will bring up a dialog box with a histogram. Don’t pay much attention to the histogram. Just make sure that features of the face can be seen properly like the lips, nose and eyes. My magic number was 155.
*img493.imageshack.us/img493/1343/tone20pa.gif

Step 3: Next we diffuse the sharpness of the image. Go to Filter > Stylize > Diffuse. In this box just select “Anisotrophic� and click on okay.

Step 4: Since the diffuse filter blurs the image out, you need to sharpen it again using the Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Mask Filter. Give a value according to what you feel looks right. I gave something like 95/50/4.

Step 5: Bring up the Hue/Saturation dialog box (Ctrl+U). Check the Colorize box in the lower right and then move the hue slider to the desired colour, Saturation for…Saturation and give it a little bit of lightness.

You’re done!

*img493.imageshack.us/img493/9203/tone34nz.jpg

Try this effect with an image with no background (white), has a different feel to it. Didnt' have any pics at hand to demonstrate that though...

kato

Karthiksn
i love this tut and i tried it out with a harry potter pic i had take a look:
*www.deviantart.com/deviation/24817016/

i couldnt upload pic on imageshack some problem for me

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
Watching The Girl Next Door was like watching P0rn, and that too without keeping an eye on the door! She really is gorgeous...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom