photo retouching

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

this tut is abt how useful the clone stamp tool can get. you can use it to erase pimples, wrinkles, dark cirlces( of your mom) and unwanted marks on your face.

1)start with the pic in PS . i used PS 6.

*img109.exs.cx/img109/315/pimples1zg.th.jpg

2) enlarge the pic, editing this way is easier. make sure you have selected the clone stamp and not the pattern stamp.

*img187.exs.cx/img187/4845/untitled1best0mv.th.jpg

3)now take a brush size you feel is ideal. ALT+click(when you press ALT, the circle will change to stamp icon) on the portion of the skin which you think will replace best the pimples.

4)now, release the ALT key and click on the pimples , they wil disapper. try for soem time then you will know how to get best results.

this is what i got.

after:

*img101.exs.cx/img101/440/pimples8qd.th.jpg

goobimama

 Macboy
Let me add my own little thing to this.

The clone stamp tool is quite old now, and i think is quite outdated (but not quite). If you are using Photoshop CS or 8.0 (and I think, also PS 7.0), then you can use the Healing brush tool.

Now this works almost exactly as the clone stamp tool, but is far more advanced. The healing brush tool uses the pattern or the detail of source area and pastes it onto the desired area "whilst preserving the lighting and shading in all its exactness".

I don't have to give the steps or anything else cause they are almost the same in both, the clone stamp and the healing brush.

The healing brush tool is much faster and more efficient than the clone stamp tool. Now, the clone stamp tool does come in handy but not in cases of photo restoration, especially, human skin.

The healing brush, as the name suggests, is very good in eliminating blackheads, spots, marks, and as the case is here, pimples...

- Select the healing brush by pressing J or by clicking it through the toolbox
*img139.exs.cx/img139/6170/healingbrush4ov.jpg

Here is my final image:
*img139.exs.cx/img139/25/healingbrushimage7gr.jpg

And, nix, sorry I posted it here, but I just thought that people should know. I didn't mean to steal the show or suppress your efforts or anything like that.

Milind

OP
nix

nix

hi

hey that was cool goobimama. hmm, yes, teh healing brush is a lot better.thanks a lot, now, i'll get CS

sms_solver

In the zone
Healing Brush and Patch Tool is great time saver.
It is faster than Rubber stamp. Produces good result than Rubber stamp tool in most occassion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom