Phone Lock on K750i???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
hi dudes

Is it possible to lock the keypad with security code in SE k750i??

Any Application is there if so pls provide the link !!!!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
^^^
Nope it has nothing to do with the SIM. It is a 'Phone Lock' code and not SIM lock that you are pointing to. 'Phone Lock' code is for start-up of the phone. It works with any SIM.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
infra_red_dude said:
but then apart from asking for startup pin, doesn't it bind the sim wid the phone?

You need to understand that the code is stored in phone, not SIM. That is the reason it asks for the same code regardless of which SIM you put.

SIM lock code is stored in SIM. So in this case 'any' phone will ask for pin code. You need not have a K750i for that.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i asked that the phone lock code binds a particular sim to that phone? i dun remember which SE set i'd seen but the phone was locked to a particular sim (not the network lock, it the particular sim). the phone wudn't allow any other sim (not even from the same operator) to be fit in. u will need to provide the code for other sims to work. i dun remember correctly if this feature was phone lock.

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
The SIM lock, which u r talking about is other thing, its not phone lock code! :)
If someone stole ur mobile, then u can ask the service provider to lock ur phone with the SIM so that other SIM will not work in that hone :D
But there r many ways/softwares available to remove that lock also ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
not getting my point! therez a feature available which locks a particular sim card to a handset. for e.g if u haf a sim wid the number 9886012345 and u activate this feature. now u try to put a sim wid the number 9886054321 then the phone won't accept the sim unless u key in the code. however if u put back the 9886012345 sim in that handset, it will accept it widout any code. can't the remember the set and the locking technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom