Phone line busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhunnu16

Broken In
I am facing this problem from last 1 week. My phone line is working fine. The SNR Ratio is also good but when I try to connect it says ' Your phone line is busy' and start redialing.
Also sometime the internet light in my modem keeps on continuosly(i.e. no blinking).
I got the line checked from the exchange also but they say there is no problem from their side.
Kindly tell me solution.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Could be your modem has gone bad. Did you have thunderstorms with a lot of heavy lightning strikes? Are you on dial-up or broadband? Can you borrow another modem you can test with?

OP
bhunnu16

bhunnu16

Broken In
Could be your modem has gone bad. Did you have thunderstorms with a lot of heavy lightning strikes? Are you on dial-up or broadband? Can you borrow another modem you can test with?

Hi!
I have BSNL dataone 500 Plan (2.5GB limit).
Yes, its raining heavily here(Bulandshahr- U.P.(west)) from last two days.
I will be testing with other modem today and will tell you the results.

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
I am facing this problem from last 1 week. My phone line is working fine. The SNR Ratio is also good but when I try to connect it says ' Your phone line is busy' and start redialing.
Also sometime the internet light in my modem keeps on continuosly(i.e. no blinking).
I got the line checked from the exchange also but they say there is no problem from their side.
Kindly tell me solution.

Iam facing exactly the same problem. :confused:

paroh

Padawan
This type of problem i am also facing . I am using old model of ut-300R2U.
I think the the old model is not good enough. As some time even the router window does not open

OP
bhunnu16

bhunnu16

Broken In
Well I tried connecting with other modem ( Siemens C2110) and it connected on the first click. So I guess my modem is gone :(.
Anyone knows if BSNL will repair or change my modem ( Siemens SL2_141). Also whether I can use any other modem ( not given by BSNL like beetel given by Airtel Broadband or any other).
Plzz help me guys.

sanju

Journeyman
just enter 192.168.1.1 in your internet explorer
enter username admin and password admin
click on advance setup
edit VPI/VCI 035
select next
select bridging..
next next next and save
save and reboot.
it will automatically reboot your modem.
when all that happen just reboot your system
and the problem will be solved..

OP
bhunnu16

bhunnu16

Broken In
just enter 192.168.1.1 in your internet explorer
enter username admin and password admin
click on advance setup
edit VPI/VCI 035
select next
select bridging..
next next next and save
save and reboot.
it will automatically reboot your modem.
when all that happen just reboot your system
and the problem will be solved..

Yeppy.. My net is working now... :)
Thanks Sanju!
Great tip yaar. This solved my so long problem. Can you tell me what was the actual problem in my modem though my net was working till now without any change in the settings.
Thanks again :)

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Those settings are like the BIOS settings of your motherboard. They can get corrupted for one reason or another. Another way to correct it is to do a master rest - again very similar to clearing the motherboard BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom