Petition: Elimination of the 60 second timer between posts

What say?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
If anyone hasn't noticed, it is really irritating. Most of the times, quickly check my UserCP and want to reply on all the subscribed threads. Quickly. But noooo. I have to wait 60 seconds between each post that I make.

I realise it's to prevent spammers, but common, we don't have any of those here. Maybe if the limit is imposed on those with less than 100 posts or something it would make sense.

What say?

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
You don't see spammers? I personally have reported around 15-20 in my months here now.

Let it be, give the people moderating and maintaining here some credit. I say NO.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I think its better if it stays... Or maybe the timer must be reduced to 30sec for members with 100+ posts...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
You are talking about those who advertise for cheap nokia phones and such right? Well most of those spammers are just a day old or so. I'm talking about proper members of this forum who are more than 6 months old and have a good reputation. Most members above 400 posts sport this behaviour...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
keep 'em coming goobi(the petitions).

Voted for:I don't care.lol.

It is not as irritating as 120seconds I have to wait between PMs:(

goobimama said:
If anyone hasn't noticed, it is really irritating. Most of the times, quickly check my UserCP and want to reply on all the subscribed threads. Quickly. But noooo. I have to wait 60 seconds between each post that I make.

I realise it's to prevent spammers, but common, we don't have any of those here. Maybe if the limit is imposed on those with less than 100 posts or something it would make sense.

What say?
Yes, if the limit exists only for those who have less than 100 posts, it will make lots of sence. I completely second that. Spammers/bots have no way of lasting that many posts. Not when I am around anyway.

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
The admins could make it 200-300 posts if they like. I have yet to come across a member with above 300 posts who spams. Maybe posts a lot around the place, but that is not spamming. And with the merging of double-posts, it doesn't even allow flooding of posts in a thread.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah its irritating,

even when am reporting threads, damn 60 sec counter comes up for nothing.

T159 said:
yeah its irritating,

even when am reporting threads, damn 60 sec counter comes up for nothing.
Us good guys are torchered without any reason. Atleast have a facility to recoganise good posters and remove the time limit for them.

Reputed/Proved to be non spammers guys can be spared this wait.

Who here expects Me, Infra_red_dude, ravi_1234, gx_saurav, etc to start spamming?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
lets just realise one thing first ...

NO REQUEST OR ADVICE WILL BE EVER TAKEN BY ADMINS ...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/107.gif

anyway if they hear us and if they feel this is good let them implement..

here are my request...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/100.gif

1.) let it be 30 seconds instead of 60 sec

reason : no spammer will post replies... ( coz most of the time spammer is a BOT and ony 5% are humans....) and wont again reply to its post instead start a new thread

2.) Prevent spam by IMPOSING A COMPULSORY 5 POST RULE

reason : Most of the spam are usually to start a thread and post thier spam message and leave... so by imposing a compulsory 5 post rule , these bots will get a error stating that it doesnt meet enough post to start a thread .. hence it will try and fail.. .DONT WORRY IT JUST A BOTAND DOESNT AHVE ANY FEELINGS.... so u control spam there...[ have idea coz i ran phpbb for a long time ]*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

3.) START AWARDS , BADGES , SPECIAL ICONS ec

REASON Should there be contest and prize/award giving held here?*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/79.gif

4.) ABILTIY FOR members to post urls(link) in their signatures who have crossed a required post...
REASON : Give some option for high end users/members.... some room

5.) REMOVAL OF NO POST COUNT IN CHITCHAT/FIGHT CLUB SECTION

REason : P.s i feel that everything should be acounted for ...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/108.gif

will continue if i had missed anything ...

P.S : I posted all these thing sfor the betterment and better understanding of the members here..so offence on anyone*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/114.gif.. especially MODS/ADMINS*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/6.gif

naveen_reloaded said:
lets just realise one thing first ...

NO REQUEST OR ADVICE WILL BE EVER TAKEN BY ADMINS ...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/107.gif

anyway if they hear us and if they feel this is good let them implement..

1.) let it be 30 seconds instead of 60 sec

reason : no spammer will post replies... ( coz most of the time spammer is a BOT and ony 5% are humans....) and wont again reply to its post instead start a new thread

2.) Prevent spam by IMPOSING A COMPULSORY 5 POST RULE

reason : Most of the spam are usually to start a thread and post thier spam message and leave... so by imposing a compulsory 5 post rule , these bots will get a error stating that it doesnt meet enough post to start a thread .. hence it will try and fail.. .DONT WORRY IT JUST A BOTAND DOESNT AHVE ANY FEELINGS.... so u control spam there...[ have idea coz i ran phpbb for a long time ]*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

3.) START AWARDS , BADGES , SPECIAL ICONS ec

REASON Should there be contest and prize/award giving held here?*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/79.gif

4.) ABILTIY FOR members to post urls(link) in their signatures who have crossed a required post...
REASON : Give some option for high end users/members.... some room

5.) REMOVAL OF NO POST COUNT IN CHITCHAT/FIGHT CLUB SECTION

REason : P.s i feel that everything should be acounted for ...*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/108.gif

will continue if i had missed anything ...
1. Again, my question: why is it even needed if you keep the 100 post benchmark?

2. make it 10 posts. Also have compulsary 5 day no posting time just after registering, like some other forums.

3. Not the right place to discuss that

4. Yahoo. Seconded

5. WHAT? IS IT TRUE? SO THATS WHY SOME OF MY POSTS FEEL UNACCOUNTED FOR...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^ wht u dont understand is ... why i kept a 5 posting limit is many come here not for news or it chitchat ,... mainly for the QnA sectionas .. u can see that since its the most crowded section ... compared to other section at any given time .....

so my point is many come here to seek help .. raising the post count to hundred??.. well they may just bash and will leave ... so 5 or less than that wont do any harm to them...

why is it even needed if you keep the 100 post benchmark?

i dont get u here !!!

3.)Not the right place to discuss that

hope u read my post fully and then start commenting ...

naveen_reloaded said:

and for ur 4.th answer.. again i cant understand it ..

naveen_reloaded said:
^^ wht u dont understand is ... why i kept a 5 posting limit is many come here not for news or it chitchat ,... mainly for the QnA sectionas .. u can see that since its the most crowded section ... compared to other section at any given time .....

so my point is many come here to seek help .. raising the post count to hundred??.. well they may just bash and will leave ... so 5 or less than that wont do any harm to them...

i dont get u here !!!

hope u read my post fully and then start commenting ...

and for ur 4.th answer.. again i cant understand it ..
1. I asked why should we keep a 30 second timer instead of a 100 post limit for the 60 second timer? After that, we can be allowed timer-less posting.:)

2. I did read your post fully, but still, it has not much relevance to this topic. If you think that rewards will keep spam down, then remember this: We Kick spammers, not bribe them:cool:

3. And with my 4th answer, I supported your proposal. that "yahoo" was only an expression.

utsav

damn busy...
The reason y this 60 sec timer is imposed on us so as to prevent sudden flood of posts becoz the server may crash due to the sudden load.And 4 those who dont know vBulletin is the most resource hungry forum script.

utsav said:
The reason y this 60 sec timer is imposed on us so as to prevent sudden flood of posts becoz the server may crash due to the sudden load.And 4 those who dont know vBulletin is the most resource hungry forum script.
Then switch to PHPb or something.

utsav

damn busy...
This posting time limit is imposed on us just to prevent suddem flood of posts which can cause slowdown of the forum or crash of the server

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
MetalheadGautham said:
1. I asked why should we keep a 30 second timer instead of a 100 post limit for the 60 second timer? After that, we can be allowed timer-less posting.:)

2. I did read your post fully, but still, it has not much relevance to this topic. If you think that rewards will keep spam down, then remember this: We Kick spammers, not bribe them:cool:

3. And with my 4th answer, I supported your proposal. that "yahoo" was only an expression.

1.)100 post in 60 seconds ??/ weird...

2.) Still u dont get my point .. those rewards are not at all concerned with spammers... its just a request ... a reward for many standard , hard workinh members in this forum annually or say mothly... u go to the thread i mentioned ... it has been dealt there in detail...

3.) OOOPPPSSS .. sorry.....

@utsav....

had digit been exposed to such threat...

as far as i know Vbulletin is VERY STABLE and good against spamm...

if u think so .. why cant our forum expirience a DIGG effect ( hope u know wht it is !!!) froma standard thread ???
will u then impose ban on those who bring DIGG EFFECT ???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom