Pentium D 805 reached 7GHZ !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuala77

Broken In
Hi guys...Pentium D805 have reached 7GHZ using Liquid Nitrogen and it is a world record.. see this link...
*www.pctuner.net/php/Articoli/Articolo.php?PAG=1&id=393&access=&lang=eng

Please try to Comment?

Last edited:

ashfame

Padawan
wht the heck is this?
there is nothing mentioned about D 805 there, just the nitrogen cooling reaching -189 degree C.
should hav posted this in Tech News.
Mods move this link to where it should belong.

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
Hey Dude do i need to Explain things to u...if u dont read then u wont see it.
Below the pics there are page numbers....if u want to go direct to the page wher Pentium D is written and tested PAGE 4.......then 5,6.....Ok

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
WOW.....cool cooling!.......7 GHZ.......can AMD processors also be overclocked so much?Its like the future.....

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
Hey...i think AMD processors can go much higher than this...fact is they wanted to advertise Pentium D805 thats why they are using it for Ocing....
if i had a liqid nitro i sure woul try with my 4200+ cpu AMd

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
zuala77 said:
Hey...i think AMD processors can go much higher than this...fact is they wanted to advertise Pentium D805 thats why they are using it for Ocing....
if i had a liqid nitro i sure woul try with my 4200+ cpu AMd

I totally agree with u.....I bet if AMD processors were overclocked so much then they would perform much much better.........And its true that speed us not everything..

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
Man.....2.2 Ghz Amd 4200+64X2 can outperform the best intel cpu wheather its dual core or single.....the likes of Pentium EE 3.7GHZ can u imagine 3.7GHZ compared to Just 2.2...and who wins AMD

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hmm... 805 can reach very high clocks .. but the power consumption sucks ..
also cost of cooling is very high and not available in india ...
no use of such high clocks .. because of power consumption and heat dissipation .. i mean famous problem of intel p4 that is heating...

now if some one has to go for intel dual core then 900 series is damn good for performance per rupee .. also its pretty strange that no one here on digit forum disscusing CONROE ... man this proci is such damn good .. its coming out on july 23 .. and it will blow everything that is available now including amd athlon fx \x2 or what ever.. also at its launch the prices of p4 single and dual core are going to fall like crazy ... me personally cant wait for CONROE..

also intel 930 costs 11.5k here in mumbai ..

khansdream

Journeyman
Amazing .................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

But I don't think this is practical..!!

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
ok..About Conroe.... i am waiting to see it comming out....just benchmarking from an engineering sample... is not enough...when it comes out i dont think so it will beat AMD FX 62 Dual core.I,d love to see Annandtech do a Review.

technomodel

Journeyman
conroe is intels new flagship dual core processor..
theoretically a damn good processor...a lot better than the present dual cores..even athlon64 x2,as tested by anandtech..
to read more about conroe..go here..

me too waiting for conroe...but not to buy it..but to see whether the prices of existing components fall enough to upgrade my machine to a whopping extent..:)

Edit : an updated article.. here

Last edited:

ashfame

Padawan
technomodel said:
me too waiting for conroe...but not to buy it..but to see whether the prices of existing components fall enough to upgrade my machine to a whopping extent..:)

how much long will it take to launch coz i am about to go 4 a upgrade?

geekgod

Journeyman
according to that link at anadtech..it should be released around the third quartile this year..meaning arnd august september..

OP
Z

zuala77

Broken In
GUYs dont believe that conroe is better than FX62 dualcore
This people when they Benchmark they use State of the Art parts so no wonder it is performing well,Even my Machine would be.
And moreover Who gave them for testing..u think they stole it no way,It is Intel guys who gave them and dont think that they would give a normal Conroe Processor it is surely an engineering sample.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom