Pentium 4 dual core and Core 2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunda_26

Broken In
Please explain the difference between pentium 4 dual core and pentium 4 core2 duo processors?Which one is better and is there any AMD equivalent of core2duo?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well both P4 Dual Core and Core 2 Duo is dual core processor but Core 2 Duo is faster on those 2..

yup.. AM2 range products are suppose to compete with Core 2 Duo... but at the moment Core 2 Duo is simply better and faster than any available AMD processor... :(

Pragadheesh

In the zone
but wats d actual difference between core 2 duo n dual core wen both employs 2 processors?? i want to know in detail...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
The core 2 duo's range mostly has a double capacity L2 cache than P-Ds and also, they have a better power consumption (lesser) design than P-Ds. Also, it isnt based on Netburst. Plus its 65nm I guess...

ialwayscapital

Right off the assembly line
in the era of core i 7 and dual quad core still many of people searching for difference between dual core and core 2 duo.
Difference Between Intel Core 2 Duo vs Dual Core vs Pentium D read it here

*www.ialwayscapital.com/2009/07/difference-between-intel-core-2-duo-vs.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
Intel Pentium D or Dual core is not a true dual core processor. Here two separate P4 processors with hyperthraeding Support are put into a single package. They don't have any intercommunication channel inside the processor die, they share data through the Motherboard FSB. Their Power consumption is high and performance is on the lower side. They are the worst performing Dual Core processor (Even worse than Older Athlon X2). Their multitasking handling is poor, since they don't have interprocessor communication. They are often termed as Twin Core Processor.

Core2Duo are a new breed of true dual core processors. Here two processor cores are implemented in a single die, not in a separate package. They have interprocessor communication channel and they communicate with the Motherboard FSB as a single entity, not to separate processors. Intel also implemented centrino technology of their Mobile processors in Core2Duo. Hence they are highly power efficient. Their FSB is also higher than Pentium D (Minimum C2D FSB is 1066Mhz, for Pentium D:800 Mhz). So even low clock speed C2Ds (Like 1.8 Ghz) are far more better performaer than Pentium D clocked over 2.5 Ghz.

A Core2Quad is a Twin Dual COre Processor, 2 separate C2D processors are placed in a single package. But Core I7 is similarly is a true Quad Core (4 processor cores are implemented in a single die).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom