Pentium 2.66 GHz, 64bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

demha7

Right off the assembly line
I recently bought a 2.66 GHz 64 bit processor. Just wanted to know whats the advantage of the 64 bit processor.

expertno.1

Technomancer
the 64 bit processor will have a tremendous speed on running 64 bit programs dude but will be as usual as for a 32 bit program

so get windows xp 64 bit today !

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
The 64bit processors has the double power of the existing 32bit processors..their bus speed or their mathamatic calculation will be double ie. will be doing at 64bit capacity.

This overall increases the performance of the sysem.

OP
D

demha7

Right off the assembly line
What are the other options we have with a 64 bit processors. Does programs that run on 32 bit version of xp run faster on 64 bit version?

crashuniverse

In the zone
he 64 bit processor will have a tremendous speed on running 64 bit programs dude but will be as usual as for a 32 bit program

u can definitely find all companeis lauchein their 64 bit versions fast.

Is windows xp 64 bit officially launched?

yes it was, very soon when amd came with its 64 bit processor. intel is really late in 64 bit market.

q3_abhi

Youngling
The 64-bit processor can process ur 32- bit applications at a double speed (provided : u have a 64-bit OS).

Netjunkie

In the zone
q3_abhi said:
The 64-bit processor can process ur 32- bit applications at a double speed (provided : u have a 64-bit OS).

Dude, are you sure about that?

Coz, i heard that as long as your application is not written specifically for a 64 bit processor, it will run at the same speed as on a 32 bit.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You are right netjunkie. Only 64 bit optimised applications will be benifitted. 32 bit apps will run at the usual speed.

q3_abhi

Youngling
kalpik said:
You are right netjunkie. Only 64 bit optimised applications will be benifitted. 32 bit apps will run at the usual speed.

I heard that 64-bit OS can run 32-bit application at double speed. But i don think so. It must be running as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom