Pencil in woman's head for half a century

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
A 59-year-old woman who has suffered blinding headaches since she was four years old has finally had an 8cm long pencil removed from her skull.

Margaret Wegner underwent the risky procedure in Berlin at the weekend to remove the pencil, which showed up on a computer brain scan.

When she saw the image of the white pencil, snapped in two places, she recalled an accident in the town of Dessau when she was four.

"I remember tripping over and the pencil I was holding disappeared," she said. "I had a pain in my head * the pencil, it seems, had penetrated the skin and bored straight into my skull."

The pencil missed an artery and nerve endings in the brain by a whisker. Doctors at the time deemed it too risky to operate. That remained the consensus among many doctors over the years but the large part of the pencil was finally removed.

The 2cm tip is still embedded. It has been overgrown by nerves and blood cells which are too dangerous to cut through.

OMG!

vish786

"The Gentleman"
old news / or a similar case was already their before.

there r many such cases goin on nowadays.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
vish786 said:
old news / or a similar case was already their before.

there r many such cases goin on nowadays.
yeah many such cases hav come wen something was found in some1's brain after many years

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Its really shocking.. people should start wearing helmets all the time. now a days lots of stuff are comming out of the head nails, bullets etc etc.... :eek: what next... Potatos?

codred

Broken In
well, i have a HB pencil lead of 0.5mm in length beneath my skin on my palm [between index finger & thumb]. it landed there as result of small fight between me n my classmate whn i woz in 6th std, tht guy woz attacking me n in my self defence i used by palm n tht alleged pencil lead broke after piercing into my palm, ever since i remember that i never took tht lead out as it woz paining that time.

even today i can see dark greenish-bluish spot on my palm. The lead is still embedded... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom