PEN DRIVE PUZZLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dikudik

Journeyman
HI,

I WANT TO USE 1 GB PEN DRIVE. BUT BEFOR I BUY I WANT TO KNOW FEW THINGS.........
1. I WANT TO USE MICROSOFT EXCEL FILE ON MY PEN DRIVE AND MY ACCOUNTING PROGRAMME NOW CAN ANY BODY TEL ME WHEN I USE MY EXCEL FILE CAN I JUST CONNECT MY PEN DRIVE AND WORK ON IT DIRECTLY OR I HAVE TO COPY THE SAME FILE TO HARD DISK AND THEN DO THE MODIFICATION AND THEN AGAIN I HAVE TO COPY ON PEN DRIVE. ?
2. IS PEN DRIVE READ AND WRITE OR ONLY READ ONLY MODE

KINDLY EXPLAIN THE SAME WITH DETAIL

THANKS IN ADVANCE..............

HAPPY GUDI PADWA TO ALL DIGIT TECHIES..............

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You can work on the pen drive itself, but it would be better if you copied to the HDD and work. The pen drive has a limited number of read-write cycles and working directly on it will reduce its life span.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
to do this mantain a breifcase in which all files u r working on r kept.keep a copy of breifcase on HDD and pen drive.win-xp automactically synchronizes the two at fixed intervals

godsownman

Padawan
drvarunmehta said:
You can work on the pen drive itself, but it would be better if you copied to the HDD and work. The pen drive has a limited number of read-write cycles and working directly on it will reduce its life span.

Yes this is a very important thing to make note of.

Secondly,

Its not very tedious to transfer the content from the Pen drive to the HDD, while it is even easier to send it from the HDD to pen. Just right click and click 'send to'.

Regards

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
gary4gar said:
to do this mantain a breifcase in which all files u r working on r kept.keep a copy of breifcase on HDD and pen drive.win-xp automactically synchronizes the two at fixed intervals

Use the above suggestion

Jatin_T

Journeyman
drvarunmehta said:

Didnt know dat...and i dont think it has ever troubled me..i have edited photoshop files and word/excel files on my 128 mb USB stick many a times..and its still working after 2 yrs!
BTw..might heed ur advice next time...

Also..make sure u buy a good Pen Drive..many of those cheap ones crash..and u might lose some valuable data!

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
drvarunmehta said:
Really , :shock: is it really true????
Well , I have 1 Gb stick and I almost always work on my files in my pen drive without Transferring into HDD.
If its true , Thank god my pen drive is still safe( 3 months old) , I will keep ur tip in mind in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom