pen drive error!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwin_ka

Broken In
i got a 256mb pen drive with me..and using win xp home edition.everything worked fine till 2 days before..i used nod32 to detect any virus in the drive and removed them when i found it..now there are 2 problems which are:

1) earlier when i used to double-click the pen drive icon in 'my computer' it used to open its sub-folder showing the files inside.now when i do it, a dialog box appears asking me to 'select the program with which i want to open the drive'.how do i get rid of this and bring it back to its old state?
2) when i plugged the pen drive to the usb port of my laptop,earlier the autoplay window used to come automatically..now it doesnt even come even though i tried plugging in the drive to other free usb ports..its working fine in my frens system but not mine..even tried to enable it from the properties tab of the pen drive,but no use..help!!!!
help will be highly appreciated in both these matters..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Full format the Pen Drive once and see if it works.

------------------------
If that doesn't work, plug in your drive.
Goto My Computer.Right click on the drive->properties->Hardware
From the list select your pen drive and click properties->Driver->Uninstall
Remove your drive and plug it back again.
It should be detected now.
And the autoplay options will come.

Last edited:

lovemeall26

Broken In
Hey I had the same problem too,until I accidently discovered how to solve this problem. Just double click your computer and click once on the Pen drive. Then instead of double clicking to open it, click on Explore, that opens up your pen drive -- simple. Hope this solves your problem. bye
lovemeall26

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Unhide the contents of your computer by
tools:folder options:view:Show hidden files and folders &
x Hide Protected Operating System Files > yes

Then right click on the pen drive > open

Delete the following file\s:
autorun.inf

Restart Explorer or Log off and log back in...

Problem Solved.....

Pathik

Google Bot
yup.. Delete the autorun.inf file 4m it.. Goto cmd prmt and then "del x:/autorun.inf" wher x is d drive letter of usb drive

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
pathiks said:
yup.. Delete the autorun.inf file 4m it.. Goto cmd prmt and then "del x:/autorun.inf" wher x is d drive letter of usb drive
This wont help if x:\autorun.inf is a hidden file. Better try this if you wish to use the command prompt :

Code:
attrib -h -s x:\autorun.inf
del x:\autorun.inf"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom