Pen Drive driver in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hi friends,
M using Vista Ultimate retail edition. Whenever i connect any pen drive or memory card to my laptop, the Vista asks for its driver without which it refuses to work and i havent been able to provide any!!
I have my system all updated bt still this problem. Can u plz help ?

Everytime Vista finds a new device it has to be directed to System32>DriverStore>FileRepository to find the drivers.

How can MS be so dumb ???

Even Dumber than XP!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
normal pen drives wont plug n play in vista , it has to be compatible with vista or else u need its drivers.

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
All used to work without a glitch in XP n aftr the step i did they are now working in Vista as well. And not only pen drives but also optical mouse and MM cards!!
Isnt it a big overlook on MS's part ?

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
donno much but I recently checked kingston site and some of their newer pen drive models said "vista Compatible".

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Whenever i install any new hardware that easily used to get recognised in XP, needs to be directed in Vista to the aforementioned folder for driver installation. This is happening everytime and it takes atleast 3-4 minutes to install all the reqd drivers for even one pendrive.
Its quite slow and frustrating. Is everyone facing this problem or is it just my case ?

shantanu

Technomancer
i think my all pen drives (kingston , transcend , UMAX) are working fine in VISTA.. and MS is the BEST

shantanu

Technomancer
FACT: Vista is shipped with over 10000 drivers .. for plug & play support.. Even it detected my Lge Broadband MODEM (USB) and installed it without any extra support and it worked fine in RC1. that time

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I don't think there should be compatibility issues of plug n play pen drives in vista..
seems like some other issue with ur OS...
U3 though is currently nt supported though...

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I have tried Transcend,Kingston etc n many other too bt all the time i have to guide vista to Install the drivers from the mentioned directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom