Pen drive corrupted ! any resolutions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankaranand

Broken In
Hey all ,

i brought a new Kingston 1GB Datatraveler 3 weeks ago which was recently corrupted after using it in my friend's computer. i have been using it in my usb port which is an old version not usb 2.0. It was working fine before but
i dont know exactly what the problem is now ! Whenever i plug it into i get the following message. check the screenscrap below.

*static.zooomr.com/images/705847_ce0dc03dba_o.jpg

i contacted the customer service but no reply... is there any way to resolve this ? do you think that my firmware got corrupted ? or is it with System ?

waiting for u r valuable suggestiosn ASAP
regards

shantanu

Technomancer
connect it to a different port !! this problem happens usually when ports malfunction.. You got to download proper USB 2.0 drivers for your MOBO..

It happened with me and after downloading proper drivers from ASUS .. it vanished

OP
sankaranand

sankaranand

Broken In
how can i format my drive when my system is not able to detect it at all ?

b.t.w i tried to use it in another friend's system but it doesnt detect at all...

so the conclusion and problem is not with the system but with the pen drive itself....

any other alternatives ? i have 5 years warranty should i send it back ?

OP
sankaranand

sankaranand

Broken In
@gautam - thanks!

@Lucky_star - yeah the light blinks when i connected but i cannot see either in disk drives or in the device manager...

@NucleusKore -- this may seem like a new idea but its hard to find someone using linux OS in my hometown... most of them use windows in India right ?

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Surely the drivers r bad or else ur pen drive is bad. Now to check that put in your mobo cd and install all the usb drivers that are there for ur mobo. Then try pluggin in ur usb and detecting it. Sometimes this works. If it doesnt then ur usb might b dead. Better get it replaced.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Try formatting frm linux as said earlier...u can use a live cd.
Try updating ur firmware by downloading appropriate softy frm the site....also chk if der is any formatting tool avilable for kingston.
if not try this formatting tool frm hp,it will scan for any device attached and formats it.
Format Tool

qadirahmed

Journeyman
just do what i say i fixed the same problem just a week before...... Here is the solution

Just unplug ur connection from the main socket and replace it......
am dam sure it will fix it for u too.....

waiting for ur reply.....

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom