PDF with Abiword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Hi guys,
In Abiword, theres an option of saving your file as PDF.
But when I try saving the file in PDF format, the PDF readers like Evince and KPDF throw an error message saying the file is not PDF!!!*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif
Is there any problem with this plugin of Abiword???

Is there any other program which can save the file the file in PDF format?*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Thanks.

mediator

Technomancer
^Y dont u try openoffice writer? It has pdf functionality. Neways I tried the abiword, but it opens absolutely fine with pdf readers like adobe reader,kpdf,document viewer etc!

eddie

El mooooo
I have never tried Abiword but can you change printer settings in it? If you can, then try using KPrinter for your printing functions. KPrinter has an option that will allow you to print to PDF files that are valid in nature and will open with all the applications.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont think u can save directly as PDF in Abiword or even OOO Writer. AFAIK, u save as odf or doc and then export as PDF. there is an export option. u have to use it after u save it.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
windows user ?

^ u can very well export to pdf format in Openoffice writer and abiword too.And not in M$ office.if u cant see the export pdf logo in ooo writer,then use File>export as pdf

freebird

Debian Rocks!
@meditor:
windows users became color blind.they cant see the export pdf option in openoffice writer! LOL:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom