pdf is not opening in firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ,
i m using firefox ver 2.0.0.3 , in the browser pdf files(which are given on the sites) are not opeing , it was showing before dont know what happend, & i already re-install it, & it was closing automatically after min. & max. 2-3 times pls suggest:confused:

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Isn't a PDF reader plugin reqd ?? Beside, Firefox d/ls the PDF's and then displays them when you open a PDF from the web....

Isn't it better to have a standalone PDF reader ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Kautav said:
Isn't a PDF reader plugin reqd ??

I didnt know that there is a PDF Plug in for FF, what is there is,

*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636

Even with that u need a Stand alone PDF reader,

Mozilla said:
PDF Download is not a PDF plugin: you still need to have installed the Adobe or the FoxIt PDF plugin if you want to open a PDF inside Firefox.

kaustav_geek said:
Isn't it better to have a standalone PDF reader ?

I think its a must to have a PDF reader :D

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ LOL.

I think Kaustav means to say that it is better to download the PDF to disk then view it in external PDF reader than in a browser.
Am I right Kaustav??

And yeah a PDF reader is a must no matter you view it outside a browser or inside a browser. Also you need to install FF extension Saurav Bhai mentioned to view PDF in browser + You have to install Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader (Recommended).
If you allready have the extension make sure its updated and supported by version of FF you have. Try to remove the extension - close firefox - open firefox and reinstall the extension. Maybe this will solve the problem.
Let us know what happens....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I heard somewhere that firefox doesnt diplay pdf efficiently(sorta hangs randomly).

So better download the extension "pdf download" and it will automatically download the pdf files instead of displayin them in FF.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Quiz_Master said:
I think Kaustav means to say that it is better to download the PDF to disk then view it in external PDF reader than in a browser.
Am I right Kaustav??
Yup.. Thats what I meant....

kaustav_geek said:
Isn't a PDF reader plugin reqd ??
You got me wrong Choto Cheeta.
I wasn't referring to PDF download plugin. I was in fact referring to a PDF reader plugin( that could be either Adobe or Foxit) .

Anyway, I would strongly suggest that sweating.bullet should go for a standalone PDF reader while viewing PDFs.. Firefox plugins can be buggy, and may hang abruptly .

OP
S

sweating.bullet

Broken In
thnx guys 4 ur reply, i m using acrobat reader 7.0 , first it was opeing the pdf file in d browser, but dont know wht happened its not opening now, and the link u've send is that first i've to download the pdf file then i can view it, but before when the pdf is working it was opening on the current location.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Some corruption in your firefox profile....You can create a new profile on firefox and then try. I won't recommend deleting existing profile folder since many settings can get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom