PCtv installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polter

Broken In
Im installed the Pinnacle PCTV stereo in the extra pci slot. All the tests passed except for the last one. Hardware initialization failed. Please help.

con_tester

Journeyman
Well i have the same card. And when i first installed this card i also get these problems...
Try these

Reinstall Drivers again after uninstalling existing....
if this do not work,
And ofcourse software support only XP...
Try reinstalling OS...as last resort.

If all things goes bad try contacting customar support...

Sourabh

Laptoping
If you use Windows XP Sp2, then make sure you have the PCTV Stereo sp2 patch. Moreover, change the Pci slot if you have a free pci-slot on the motherboard to overcome the conflict between IRQs resources.

The sp2 patch should mostly solve your problem, google or search the forums for the same. The ftp site of pinnaclesys.com no longer has the same. So bad luck with it.

For all problems with Pinnacle cards, you can add 'ptsci ' - in your yahoo messengers and contact the customer support online.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Well i already replied here and reported this thread to be locked coz he double posted
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=296275#296275

Anywayz, using XP+SP2... download the patch
*www.opendrivers.com/driver/230024/...r-v1.3.1.15-windows-xp-sp2-free-download.html

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
Thanks guys. Sorry for the double thread. Must have ouble-clic the submit button. Well, the card worked after installing the patch. Doe this mean that the original software that came with the CD is now obsolete, or does the patch fix it too? One other thing is that my motherboard comes with an onboard graphics card - 64 MB. When I watch the TV in full screen mode, it tends to get stuck Can u please tell me why this happens. Is there a way to solve this or is Pinnacle not that great considering all the hype.

Thanks

Sourabh

Laptoping
Default drivers didnt work after Sp2 was installed, so since the Installation Cd and drivers on the CD were made before Sp2 came out, that explains why we get the problem. Generally if such big a problem exists the Driver cd gets replaced from the box pack but wonder whats the case with Pinnacle. Anyways PCTV Vision is not that good, If you use it just for viewing, Use Chris TV Pro or Lite

OP
P

Polter

Broken In
I changed the brand. Bought Snazio. Only had to pay Rs.50 more. It's much much better. No software hassles, no crashes etc. Pinnacle was really crap for me. I'll never buy their product again. Imagine, I had to format my hard drive three times because of all the complications it caused on my system.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
Instead of the default pinnacle drivers,use the sourceforge drivers,they give better quality and much lesser cpu usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom