PCMCIA card or USB Modem for Reliance Netconnect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VexByte

Norms Buster
For the Reliance Netconnect; which is the better option for Laptop, PCMCIA card or USB Modem ? :confused:

*www.reliancecommunications.co...etconnect.html

ThinkFree

Technomancer
VexByte said:
For the Reliance Netconnect; which is the better option for Laptop, PCMCIA card or USB Modem ? :confused:

l[/URL]
USB modem, but why are you going for Reliance. Most probably you wud be repenting after buying it as they don't provide good service. Go for TATA Indicom in CDMA or Airtel for GSM connection(lesser speed than CDMA, but greater coverage)

OP
V

VexByte

Norms Buster
asnvin said:
USB modem, but why are you going for Reliance. Most probably you wud be repenting after buying it as they don't provide good service. Go for TATA Indicom in CDMA or Airtel for GSM connection(lesser speed than CDMA, but greater coverage)
So is it better to use the EDGE/GPRS of Airtel than the Reliance Netconnect ?

sandeepk

Journeyman
VexByte said:
Yep go for it if it is available at your place. Don't expect blazing speed without EDGE. Do check with airtel about availability of EDGE before you make any decision. W/o EDGE speed will be max 7-8KBps

ThinkFree

Technomancer
VexByte said:

Though speed available on GSM network would be a little less than CDMA(Tata/Reliance) but as per my experience you should not be going for Reliance,there voice services are far from satisfactory and forget about data. The best option is Airtel as it is having the best network in the country

nikhilpai

Techans
Does any operator in India provide Expresscard net connections (instead of USB or PCMCIA)

If not does anyone plan to introduce it soon?

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Best go for the new USB Plug2Surf by Tata Indicom. My friend is using in Bangalore and he says the speed is amazing for a wireless connection. He says my Airtel sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom