pci e grafix cards...which one 2 choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddevil2

Broken In
hi friends

i hav pc config.........amd 3000+,MSIrs480,512 ram....

i need a grafix card...around 4k......
which one 2 take...
7300 adn 7600 series are there....but donno price and which one is better....there is also GS n GT two versions....which one is better

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Geforce 6600GT.....Best bang for bucks, 7300 would cross budget, by a small margin though, I am not sure but 7600 is definately expensive for you. 7600GS around 7000-8000 and 7600GT around 10,000-11000.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
vimal_mehrotra said:
what about geforce 8800.when it is gonna be out whats the COST.

Its out and its 25000+ wanna go for it. Well on the positive note pricses for 7950 would drop to an affordable extent.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
but 7 does not support dx 10 so investing in it would be foolish

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
How many games do you have currently fully utilizing DX10....None, all under production, apart from crysis2, which itself is not out yet. By the time we have loads of games for DX10. 8800 would be under 20K belt. Which is easily a year from now. So spending in a 7950GTX(which in itself is an awsome card) now would not be that foolish after all.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
7300GT costs Rs.3300 in mumbai. 7600 is way beyond your budget. 7600 is much better than 7300. GT is much better than GS. Both in 7300 & 7600 u will get 3 kinds i.e. LE, GS & GT but GT is the best of the three than comes GS & LE respectively.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
sam9s said:
How many games do you have currently fully utilizing DX10....None, all under production, apart from crysis2, which itself is not out yet. By the time we have loads of games for DX10. 8800 would be under 20K belt. Which is easily a year from now. So spending in a 7950GTX(which in itself is an awsome card) now would not be that foolish after all.

i m talking about long time investment dude.i will not buy 7950gtx for only 1 year and then again purchase any geforce 8 series card.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
vimal_mehrotra said:
i m talking about long time investment dude.i will not buy 7950gtx for only 1 year and then again purchase any geforce 8 series card.

In todays world of computers is there a long time investment???......if you hardware is worth for 1-2 years you are good.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
if i buy 7950 now i will have to spend two times (for 8 also)over graphics in an year.i m better off with my 6600 for atleast seven eight months.

OP
R

reddevil2

Broken In
hey wats price of 7600gs...and 7600gt.....and wats difference betn them....gt is better tht i know...adn which is better 7300gt or 700gs....cause if it is affordable then i will go for it
and i want 2 ask another q is tht....for new generation grafix cards...do they need more power supply.....cause one of my frined has 6600..he told me tht...he ahd 2 buy a new power supply...i dont rmember perftly but i think normal 240 v wont work...we need 330 v power supply....is it true ?....wats its cost

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
but 7 does not support dx 10 so investing in it would be foolish

Considering the poor support for dx10 right now , and not having any dx10 game before Q3 2007 , i can say a little thing : dx9c will still be mainstream till the end of 2007 , no matter how much MS may try to put dx10 ahead ... u just can't have a major platform shift overnight .. the transition period will be slow and very slow ...

Getting a 7 series wouldn't hurt right now ... it'll easily do good till the end of 2007 (if its a high end 7 series i.e. 7900GS and above) .. and then a little shift to dx10 midrange cards (G84 are supposed to be out Q2 2007) .. maybe 8600GT's will be the target ..

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
deathvirus_me said:
Considering the poor support for dx10 right now , and not having any dx10 game before Q3 2007 , i can say a little thing : dx9c will still be mainstream till the end of 2007 , no matter how much MS may try to put dx10 ahead ... u just can't have a major platform shift overnight .. the transition period will be slow and very slow ...

Getting a 7 series wouldn't hurt right now ... it'll easily do good till the end of 2007 (if its a high end 7 series i.e. 7900GS and above) .. and then a little shift to dx10 midrange cards (G84 are supposed to be out Q2 2007) .. maybe 8600GT's will be the target ..

You said it pal :)

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
reddevil2 said:
hey wats price of 7600gs...and 7600gt.....and wats difference betn them....gt is better tht i know...adn which is better 7300gt or 700gs....cause if it is affordable then i will go for it

and i want 2 ask another q is tht....for new generation grafix cards...do they need more power supply.....cause one of my frined has 6600..he told me tht...he ahd 2 buy a new power supply...i dont rmember perftly but i think normal 240 v wont work...we need 330 v power supply....is it true ?....wats its cost
I have already answered thr first part of your question in Post No#8 ...pls read the replies before asking the same question.Yes you do need a good powersupply with todays graphics cards...especially trure for 8800gtx... having said that it is always better to have good powersupply...go for any good branded smps that cost around Rs.1500.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
caleb said:
it is always better to have good powersupply...go for any good branded smps that cost around Rs.1500.

Can you suggest some, available in New Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom