Status
Not open for further replies.

kushal_657

Right off the assembly line
i m planning to bye a new pc in april '07 ......
but i am confused what to buy??--a computer or a laptop...please suggest...
i have been suggested by many to take a computer as a laptop is very delicate--and i won't be able to downoad or install anything in it without proper precautions...while others suggest for a laptop...
please suggest...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
kushal_657 said:
........i won't be able to downoad or install anything in it without proper precautions...while others suggest for a laptop...
please suggest...

What do you mean?

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
What is your primary work?

Games or development or music or ....

The only advantage of a laptop is mobility. The main disadvantage of laptop is upgradation is very expensive and is very difficult. Gaming laptops are very costly.

The main advantage with desktop is price, vast availability of componets. easy upgrade path, powerful hardware and more.

if you are a developer/student/businessman and travel a lot, Laptop is ultimate solution.

If you are interested in Games or graphic intensive application and you does not care about mobility, go for a robust desktop.

If your budget is <=35k, you should definitely go for a desktop.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Desktop. Only get a laptop if you live in a hostel and want to take that lappy home every time. Other than that laptop has no advantage.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Laptop gives you mobility n only mobility.
If you are a gamer then you wont want to settle for anything less than DEL XPS series.........(a pretty big hole in your pocket :D )

But u can get a same type of gaming Desktop pc for about 50K or more :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom