PC 'turn on ' automatically .

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

In the zone
whenever I am turning on my UPS , my PC gets started . Yes I am havent touched any cabinet buttons still . but just turning on my UPS to start it . but after that its got problem . PC starting but without any beep sound . and then nothing is on the monitor and its get blinking . I am very amazed why its getting strted without even trun on button pressing and then gets blank . nothing on the monitor . I cannot use my PC anymore . please help .

OP
R

reddragon

In the zone
but my APC ups is fairly new so atleast probability of damaged power supply is less , well what about faulty RAm how to check that . listen while on I am not getting any beep sound while I am pressing UPS again to turn it off , it is making a beep sound .

blackpearl

The Devil
One of my friends has this exact problem. Its either the power supply or the motherboard. Remember, the power supply connects to the mobo and the the mobo powers the PC ON. If the PC turns on by itself, its eitgher got to be the mobo or the power supply.

abhra

Broken In
Your SMPS may have a problem - maybe its sending the Start signal to the mobo even before you press any switch. Happens sometimes. If possible, try running your machine with another SMPS. Also, check the power switch of your cabinet - maybe it has got stuck or something like that (thus turning on the pc). If problem still persists, it's the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom