PC TO MOBILE DATA TRANSFER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys i have se k700i and i have great camera pics of my study trip to ganpatipule.I donot know how to transfer those pics from mobile to pc.I have windows xp sp2.How to use infrared?Please help me!
Th :p nks in advance,
mandar

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
SInce you haven't mentioned I will ask you first if you have a infrared adapter for your PC?
You need to connect it to the USB of your PC and install its drivers. Then you can easily connect PC to your cell using its software.
If you can buy it, bluetooth will be a better option. It isn't that much expensive than infrared adapter but gives you much faster speeds and uninterrupted connectivity.
You can use Float's Mobile Agent instead of infrared/bluetooth's software.

mehulved

First things first. have you connected and checked that the infrared adapter bought by you is working or no?

rajesh

Journeyman
To transfer files b/w PC and mobile You need a connection b/w the 2. There r 3 ways

1. USB data cable
2. InfraRed
3. Bluetooth

If u have a USB data cable then u can use connect the mobile to the PC thro' ur USB port.

Otherwise you can buy a bluetooth dongle and using it you can transfer data b/w the 2.

For any of the options you need the corresponding Drivers.

Hope this is helpful :)

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
thanks

thanks yaar rajesh,but i have heard that camera pics when transfered to pc remain the sane size ie just 2x3 inch ,is it true? :?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Re: thanks

mandar5 said:
thanks yaar rajesh,but i have heard that camera pics when transfered to pc remain the sane size ie just 2x3 inch ,is it true? :?

the pics will be of the same resolution they were clicked as. the size u see on ur computer display will vary according to the display size (ie 15,17,19 inch etc.) and the resolution at which it displays content. for e.g if ur display is set at 640x480 pix, a pic clicked at 640x480pix will be full screen and the one clicked at 1280x960 will go outta screen. if ur display is set at 1280x960pix a pic clicked at that resolution will be full screen while a pic clicked at 640x480pix will be smaller than the full screen view. the resolution and quality of the pic never changes. hope that clears the confusion.

mehulved

USB cable costs more than bluetooth. Dunno the exact prices but bluetooth will come for around Rs. 400 and its range will be 10m to 100m depending on the brand you buy

get_biks

Broken In
data cable is the first preference,as it is much much faster.....

Second is Bluetooth....

And then Infrared (it is vry slow)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
there is almost no difference in speed in data cable and bluetooth. this is coz both the usb bluetooth and the usb cable use a virtual com port for communication and the speed of which is limited to 115kbps. the only advantage wid bluetooth is that u haf the freedom to roam around the room and can also do a variety of tasks...the advantage wid a data cable is that the phone gets charged as it is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom