Pc strictly under 25k

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
hey all you guys, i am going to upgrade my pc and literally buy a new one....so please suggest me some good specs...these things should be a must....

1GB RAM
a 17" TFT monitor
a real fast processor for gaming...
PCI-e architecture motherboard
256MB graphics card pci-e(of course)...i want to do some heavy gaming like Unreal Tournament 2004 and the future UT2007

now for the doubtful part....should i go for a AMD based or Intel based computer...i am really avid gamer and also create flash animations ...i will move on to 3D modelling once a new machine comes.....and i have heard that amd is good for gaming and intel for animations and like....so please suggest for what should i go........

also, the computer must be Vista-compatible....

the budget should not exceed 25000 at all....i am buying it after about two months, so you can give some future suggestions......i am asking you about the specs early as i have to start researching from now....

one more thing, it should be comfortable with new games and softwares for about 2 years....

thanks in advane :D

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
add to the list...

a good power supply
a DVD writter with lightscribe
speakers 5.1
sound card, if the mobo soesn't support 5.1 channel
a gamer's cabinet or any classy, sleek and sexy cabinet like the one from 'i'

the mobo must contain upto 8 usb computers...

thanks again....fastttttttttttttt, reply

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
If the 17" TFT alone takes up more than half your budget, how do you expect to be able to afford all this in 25k? You need to increase your budget by atleast 20k.

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
Lets Try things out...
Suppose u have 35Ks right...
Consider SamsungS TFT monitor 17" - 713N--> 13500
512*2(400) around----. 4500
ASUS P5Rd2 + Intel 3.0 Ghz HT 2 mb ---> 12000
I guess theres no need of 5.1 speakers
i mean these stuff r not one time investmest..
U can later add 5.1
Also DVD With Lightscribe wont fit into ur budget u will need 3ks more for this...
mobo supports 6 channel...

ashfame

Padawan
Mine suggestion no different from above.
My friend just bought a PC with almost about your configuration maybe a little more and it cost him around 60k as he had bought it from HCL.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
thetopcyborg said:
hey all you guys, i am going to upgrade my pc and literally buy a new one....so please suggest me some good specs...these things should be a must....

1GB RAM
a 17" TFT monitor
a real fast processor for gaming...
PCI-e architecture motherboard
256MB graphics card pci-e(of course)...i want to do some heavy gaming like Unreal Tournament 2004 and the future UT2007

now for the doubtful part....should i go for a AMD based or Intel based computer...i am really avid gamer and also create flash animations ...i will move on to 3D modelling once a new machine comes.....and i have heard that amd is good for gaming and intel for animations and like....so please suggest for what should i go........

also, the computer must be Vista-compatible....

the budget should not exceed 25000 at all....i am buying it after about two months, so you can give some future suggestions......i am asking you about the specs early as i have to start researching from now....

one more thing, it should be comfortable with new games and softwares for about 2 years....

thanks in advane :D

R u kidding :twisted:
U wanna go on world tour on a budget that is just sufficient for india tour :twisted:

No hard feelings .....but if u want that all stuff increase ur budget :wink:

OP
thetopcyborg

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
thanx for the suggestions....i think i will drop my TFT (sigh!!!!).....maybe things would change in two months....thanx again for wasting your time on me

Kniwor

Learner
Let us see

Samsung syncmaster 793 DF ~6400
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ~8000
1 Gb Hynix ram ~4000
80Gb HDD ~2000
KB+Mouse+cabinet ~2000

we got only 3000 left for the mobo... so u see the problem here dont you...
now if we get 512 Mb ram and say u can add 512 Later...
then we got 5000 left for board which can get u a decent board with onboard graphics and PCI-E slot so that u can add a PCI-E card for ur gamin needs....

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
ok
considering your budget here is a very rough and approximate layout:-

15"TFT from BenQ

Samsung 40/80GB hard drive

256x2 MB dual channel

AMD 3000 64+ with asrock or winfast with onboard
6200 pci turbo card with shareable memory

Intex/Mercury/Samtech/TechCom 5.1 speakers low end models

Choose 250-300W power supply from coolermaster/Mercury

And go for LG DVD writer or the one from Kiobe
and choose cabinet from iBall.

and now two things from me:-

Either you dont know anything about the pc or you are joking with all the guys around.
Look man let me give you one piece of advice,
for running vista on your machine smoothly you should atleast have 2GB of RAM on ur system!

Regarding your specifications you have mentioned everything that a decent computer should contain.
So, my friend, atleast increase ur budget by 15000-20000/-!
And i'll promise. that you will get nothing but the best system of your choice, with all of our best comments added to it.
Even personally i'll help you build the rig.

cyrux

In the zone
Kniwor said:
Let us see

Samsung syncmaster 793 DF ~6400
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ ~8000
1 Gb Hynix ram ~4000
80Gb HDD ~2000
KB+Mouse+cabinet ~2000

we got only 3000 left for the mobo... so u see the problem here dont you...
now if we get 512 Mb ram and say u can add 512 Later...
then we got 5000 left for board which can get u a decent board with onboard graphics and PCI-E slot so that u can add a PCI-E card for ur gamin needs....

Thats the best thing...go for the Ram later, u can always do that.. Invest on a better mobo. One more thing..My friend got a samsung syncmaster (dont remember the model no.) 17" for 4100

Kniwor

Learner
cyrux said:
Thats the best thing...go for the Ram later, u can always do that.. Invest on a better mobo. One more thing..My friend got a samsung syncmaster (dont remember the model no.) 17" for 4100

yeah he mush have got a non flat one.... they are cheaper....

the one i am suggesting is Dyna flat...

cyrux

In the zone
Right , right...my friend has a non flat one..missed out that point....but still looks pretty good

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Kniwor said:
yeah he mush have got a non flat one.... they are cheaper....

the one i am suggesting is Dyna flat...

I jsut bought new syncmaster 798mb plus-
Its flat with magic brigh absent in dynaflat(DF) series and also with magic green (biorays). very good monitor at 6500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom