pc shuts down with dis warning everytime!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
guys my pc displays a msg and says i have a minute to save all programs as the pc will shutdowon wat is wrong.....checkout the screenshots...

1.*images3.pictiger.com/thumbs/7c/59dc4990243feeacab09130f20f7a37c.th.jpg

2.[img=*images3.pictiger.com/thumbs/7c/59dc4990243feeacab09130f20f7a37c.th.jpg]

3.*images3.pictiger.com/thumbs/7c/59dc4990243feeacab09130f20f7a37c.th.jpg

its one of these urls please checkout the screenshot i had to take using onscreen keyboard beacuse the shortcut in my keyboard doesnt work.
sum1 told me its a sasser but aster scanning with symantec sasser removal tool it detected nothing so please help........
BTW:i have insatlled the keyboard driver and software but still the shortcut screenshot button does not help wats wrong??? :cry:

freezer

Journeyman
Well! You can do the following thing.
Just type "shutdown-a" in run dialog box whenever you get such message.
Scan your system with any good AV

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
u seee freezer my pc is like wackd up....i cant install anythng or even run a scan wit ms antispyware i cant do anything....sum guys say its my ram module so i calened it but still the same problem doesnt help please help.....

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
i have windows server 2000 and i cant even download beacause pc hangs and shutsown when i download sp4 so...sum say its msblast so iam am finding the fix in ms wait will kepp yall updated BTW will shutdown-a help is it safe

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
shutdown -a will abort a shutdown so that u can dl the sp, disconnect the net, apply the sp, connect to net. restart the pc.

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
ok i will try but sumtimes there i not even a warning that pc will shutdown it just shutsdown

choudang

Padawan
your pics are not clear to me.. so i just make a guess tat a msg has come with some lines and "Your computer wil shoutdown after <seconds>"

Your Pc has been infected with a Bluster Worm.... i forgot the name... best suggesion is that download Bluster Worm remover tool from Norton website or run a decent antivirus like Kaspersky with latest update..

S

SignificantMind

hmmm well this is due to the worm called blaster or sasser(i cant remeber the name of it) it cuts you out from the internet after 60sec window terminating you need to go on the other computer and download a good antivirus program. I had this worm before and got rid of it. Rember when ever you try connecting to the internet through internet explorer or messenger or anything that does connects to the internet activates the worm application for to shut down.

planetcall

Indian by heart
if its blaster then it would state that there is some error in RPC as it happened with me. I created a simple naughty application to annoy my friends. You can download it from the project page of abhishekclub. It is not a virus and causes no harm :). Its an XP prank but do use it wisely and I owe no responsibilities.

BLINK182

Broken In
i even downloaded sasser and blaster removers from symantec they didnt detect anything so wats da problem!!! and BTW shutdown-a doesnt help solve the problem run cannot find the filename cummon guys please help me

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
i even downloaded sasser and blaster removers from symantec they didnt detect anything so wats da problem!!! and BTW shutdown-a doesnt help solve the problem run cannot find the filename cummon guys please help me

sorry guys posted in using my cuzins id its my problem
:)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
There is a gap between shutdown and -a.

Its shutdown -a not shutdown-a

PS: Pls post a clear and BIG screenshot, so that we can rectify the problem easily! I could hardly see in the image that the Shutdown dialog box is pointing towards some application in C:\WinNT folder that has caused some problem! So pls post a better screenshot...

Sourabh

Laptoping
KoRn, make sure you dont post from multiple ids. It is quite misleading on the forums. Hope you get the point and such a thing is not repeated

::cyborg::

In the zone
same problem was with me there is a file called lsass.exe which initiates the shut down process and the dialog ehich occurs that ur system is shutting down is also

the reason is only only only only the

SPYWARE

download spyware doctor from www.pctools.com

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz do let us know if u installed sp2 and all the updatesssssssssssssss. that will sureshot solve the isssue man its as simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom