Pc Restarts While Working! .....plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
while i work the pc restarts automatically in between.........

i have turned off the automatically restart option too.. but still the prb. persists.

specs are :-

P IV 3.0 GHz
Intel 915G Chipset
1GB DDR RAM

Any help would be appreciated

Blackberry7100g

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
It seems RAM problem. Check the RAM connection. Remove it, clean the slot and insert it. If not resolving, try another RAM.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
The problem could also be in PSU, overall config drawing more power than what PSU can handle or even faulty mobo / reset switch!

What's the Wattage of your power supply (PSU)

My office PC behaved the same way and we found the motherboard to have gone faulty.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
First try the kiran method.Otherwise it can be due to overheating cpu.Remove the cpu,clean it & then install it.Also If u have two ram modules try interchaning their slots.(It had happened with me).:)

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

changed the RAM ......cleaned the CPU...interchanged the slots ...but prb still persists !!

can the HDD also cause prbs ?

BlackBerry7100g.

47shailesh

Security Exp
Do you get any error message before ur system restarts.. or it just goes down without any message.. if is it so than overheating may be an area of concern... ensure adequte cooling in the cabinate..

Use thermal paste to keep ur CPU cool....

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

it goes down without any message... n overheating is not the issue !!

ne other option or is nething wrong with the HDD ?

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
keep side panel of ur CPU open....also if possible install SPEEDfan to know temp of ur system....also if possible run MEMTEST on ur RAMS

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
this problem is not related HW section there is problem with OS i also face this problem when i re-install the xp into my system its solve i think VISHAL can slove this problem very easily.(REG GURU MVP)

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Can u access your folder options n registry? Try accessing them , if u cant then u are infected with BRONTOK virus.........use kaspersky to get rid of it or else format.........

47shailesh

Security Exp
do you use prirated XP.. and any anti virus..

I too have faced this prob... with XP(pirated) when i installed XP and NAV2006 an year ago ..when i updated NAV exactly prob like ur started to occur then i tried another XP (again pirated) and that worked frm then till now i have no probs...

rjasthebest

Broken In
well i totally agree with blackberry,
i m facing this damn problem for the last 2 months but one thing i want to tell u all that i hear a creaking sound before the comp. restarts nd it can restart basically at any time,when its working,idle or downloading,i m fed up...
i took my cpu to my vendor but the sound that i hear didn,t come at their place so i m stuck so please can anybody in this world help me....

thanx

47shailesh

Security Exp
rjasthebest said:
well i totally agree with blackberry,
i m facing this damn problem for the last 2 months but one thing i want to tell u all that i hear a creaking sound before the comp. restarts nd it can restart basically at any time,when its working,idle or downloading,i m fed up...
i took my cpu to my vendor but the sound that i hear didn,t come at their place so i m stuck so please can anybody in this world help me....

thanx

change the BUS that connect ur HDD to Mobo.. or try repalcing the same..

also ensure that pins to which u insert ur buses are OK on both the end (i.e. mobo and HDD ends)....

goobimama

 Macboy
@wizrulz: Keeping the side panel open doesn't mean better cooling. In fact, the airflow in the cabinet is totally messed up.

Doesn't seem like he's got a hardware problem though...

To check whether its Windows or not, just don't let it boot into the OS. Press DEL or F8 to stop the loading of windows. If it still shuts down then its definitely a Hardware issue...

Last edited:

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Guys Guys !! You should start from the grassroots level.
First, the software part.
No diff b/w genuine/nongenuine OS but I do not recommend installing WGA and antWGA patches which can mess things up.
Now, how long have you been having this problem?
Check if System Restore to a previous date (before the problem occurred is possible and try it.
If not try to remember if you installed some new drivers or software.
For instance, I can reproduce this problem on my system using old creative drivers or the Logitech Mouseware (always causes my system to reboot at awkward times).
Pesky malware or even an ovezealous firewall (like the norton, mcafee bloatware) can cause driver conflicts.
Are you having the problem on another OS.
Try installing Win98 or Linux.
If the problem persists on other operating systems then certainly, the fault is in hardware.
The PSU may be sending variable power or even the UPS.
If you are not using a UPS, then perhaps you may be having voltage fluctuations or maybe the socket may be shorting.
Now after these go on check your RAM or even your hard disk( may be developing bad sectors). Run checkdisk for the latter.
Then come see us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom