1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

PC performance

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by Trinity, Mar 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

how can I detect my CPU clogging because of large number of probably unnecessary and harmful processes running in the background.

Also how can one optimise Memory usage that results in system slowdown and non-response.

2. anandk

anandk Distinguished Member

if u have unnecc process running in the background, i suggest u remove ur unrequired starup entries. u can use xclnt freeware 'ccleaner' (www.ccleaner.com) for this purpose. disable or remove such startups. or even the startup utility of xp.

if u feel u have harmful process, i suggest u download, install, update and scan ur pc for malware using adaware or spybot; and ewido anti-malware.
    a boottime scan with us anti-virus is also recomnded.

lastly using ccleaner, clear ur pc of junk.

if u hace a specefic problem post ur hijackthis logfile here or at www.hijackthis.de for analysis. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.