1.I was thinking of buying a new PC with the following specs:

AMD X2 4200+
2 GB DDR RAM @ 400 Mhz
Asus n-Force 4 SLI Motherboard
Geforce 7800 GT
etc.

Total cost :Rs 75,000

OR

2.A XBOX 360 Premium edition from ebay or when it launches here(see below).
A good 29" TV

Total cost :Rs 45,000 (approx.)

I also hear that microsoft will officially launch the 360 on October 21st.Check out *assets.xbox.com/en-in/

So guys,which option is better in the loooong run.

Option 1 OR Option 2 ?

KoRn

In the zone
option 3:get a ps3 dude,b patient!!!it'll reach india somehow,with 75000 u can even order online from international sites like e-bay!

mandar5

Youngling
I suggest go for the second option.Bcoz once u buy Xbox u will be assured of playing any games ill successor of 360 appears.in case of pc u have to upgrade it again and again.

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Option 1 is the best dude

coz.. u wont find a modchip for ur 30 for another year i guess......
pirated games wont work till then

go for a PC

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
drvarunmehta said:
Keep in mind that X-Box 360 and PS3 games will cost atleast Rs. 3000 each and you won't find pirated games.
pls dont promote piracy.
get a pc because on pc u can do lot of things & on console u just can game.pc is complete multi tasking package.even others in ur family will get benifeted from it.

Georgy_Can

Broken In
gary4gar said:
pls dont promote piracy.
get a pc because on pc u can do lot of things & on console u just can game.pc is complete multi tasking package.even others in ur family will get benifeted from it.

Hey so ur telling him to buy PC and I want to tell u that Original games also cost around Rs.2000!!!

So what u say???

Hey gecko,

If ur are interested in gaming go for Xbox360(if can;t wait for PS3) otherwies go for PS3!!!.

Ur pc cannot even give 1/4 of the FPS that these consoles will give!! and gaming experience is awesome as I already have played Xbox 360 but waiting for PS3 launch on Nov.17 in North America.

And some of the exclusive titles for consoles won't come on PC like:
PS3 games:
Killzone(ps3)!!
Metal Gear Solid 4!!!

Even if these games come on pc don't tell me that ur PC will be able to play it on highest resolution and graphics!!!

Ur choice??I am going for PS3 and Killzone will the first game i will buy and run on MY 42" Plasma HDTV!! and 5.1 THX speakers!!U know what I mean...

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
one post is enuf gary4gar...

newez its upon u to decide dude whether u wanna pc for multi things or just a gaming rig...its its for games...may b u cud prefer xb as latest releases r there on it but pc wont run xbox games...or may b pc if u need more than just games

cheers

T

thunderbird.117

Option 1 for me.

PS3 when comes out it will cost you 400$ to 600$.

Xbox360 is a crap.

PC becos you can learn new things and play games. Disadvantages in PC is that the PC GPU changes very often :(

shellgame

Broken In
Hey guys, I am thinking of buying either xbox 360 or ps3.But their games cost a bomb in India. So I will go for it only if pirated games will be available.
Guys do u think pirated games will be available in India?

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I'd say go for the PC ... and then plugin a dx10 card when it is launched .. the PC will catch up with the consoles very soon ...

Georgy_Can

Broken In
shellgame said:
Hey guys, I am also thinking of buying either xbox 360 or ps3.But their games cost a bomb in India. So I will go for it only if pirated games will be available.
Guys do u think pirated games will be available in India?

For Xbox 360 there will be pirated games 100% avialable coz Microsoft know that most people cannot buy a console due to expensive games thats why they must have left any security holes so that it can play pirated games and people can easily play games on it.

In case of PS3 it is difficult coz they have changed their PS3 release date from summer's(vacation season) to november just becoz of finalizing copy protection of blue-ray and all ps3 games will be on Blue-ray.So they are seroius about piracy and their product (playstation) has a very good name in market SO people will still buy it.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
thunderbird.117 said:
Option 1 for me.

PS3 when comes out it will cost you 400$ to 600$.

Xbox360 is a crap.

PC becos you can learn new things and play games. Disadvantages in PC is that the PC GPU changes very often :(

Then I must say you must have a very poor error of judgement. Anyone who has tried out the X360 will vouch that it's games are far better than the counterpart PC version. I just tried out X360 at our office (they came for promo and demo) and it was awesome! Graphics are amazing.

If the author of this thread invests so much, then I would suggest wait for the Xbox 360 and buy it. It will be worth the wait.

Vyasram

The pWnster
if ur gonna game all dat then

buy xbox 360 and a good tv (if possibble hd)
and save some more for ps3 :)

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
gary4gar said:
pls dont promote piracy.
How am I promoting piracy? Did I tell him how to download games off the net? Did I tell him where he can get a mod chip? All I said is that you should be aware of the high cost of games when you buy a console.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
yup dats d case actually....consoles wud fade out....u buy xbox 360 n may be aftr a year u realise theres xbox 720 n 360 is outdated....just like ps1, ps2, ps3 soon......wit pc u can alwez cope up wit advancement...need not buy d whole thing again...+ pc is ofcourse a multi-usage system...its not only for games....consoles r games b only for games.....decision is urs

ps: one negative thing abt pc gaming is that there r few games which r launched only in xb n ps but not for pc....like wwe games....but they r rare cases

cheers

mandar5

Youngling
Hey guys the author of this forum is one lucky guy i think who can afford to buy gaming stuffs for about 75k.So presuming that i suggest him to buy a decent midrange pc upto 45-50k and with remaining money let the guy buy whichever console he wants to.
What do u say guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom