PC is dead...almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech_lover

Journeyman
Hi,

Bought a new PC 6750C2D, Intel G33 motherboard 10 days back. Today while playing Cricket 2004, it just crashed. Then it came on 3 times by itself and crashed each time immediately. Now it doesn't come on. Once I changed the Power supply from UPS to direct, it came on for 3 sec and then switched off again. Can anyone tell me the problem?

Thanks

OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
Currently I have a Zeb micro 400. Is it better to replace with a higher one like Powersafe 500? In kolkata where can I buy Antec or Coolermaster? Has anyone ordered stuff from theitwares.com eshop? Is it reliable?

amitash

Intel OCer
how much RAM do u have??It mite be a cooling problem...same thing was happening to me on core 2 quad q6600 with the stock heatsink...turns out the heatsink wasnt seated properly...chek ur heatsink...download coretemp to monitor ur temp...post the idle temp here...
to buy cooler master products see this page...
*www.coolermaster.com/wheretobuy.php?language=en

OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
how much RAM do u have??It mite be a cooling problem...same thing was happening to me on core 2 quad q6600 with the stock heatsink...turns out the heatsink wasnt seated properly...chek ur heatsink...download coretemp to monitor ur temp...post the idle temp here...

2GB -> 2*1GB 800 MHz Zion RAM in slot 0 each of dual channels. Coolermaster not available. Located Corsair and Tagan.
BTW I have Zebronics Elegance case with only two side cooling fans. What is your suggestion? AF thermal paste or just a 120mm Antec cabinet fan at the back? Will post the temp only if the PC comes alive. Till then cant!!!

most probably a faulty smps.try with a diff smps.

Thanks. Will be testing Corsair 450W tomorrow. One more thing. Can my 500VA UPS take the 450W SMPS with 19" tft monitor?

Tech_lover

^^off topic - funny but my reason for editing is not what is shown by the automated Board msg below!

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^Hey im sorry about that*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/actions1.gif
I think it will handle it as tft monitors consume very little power compared to CRTs.. But im not very sure if it can handle it.

Last edited:
OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
^^Hey im sorry about that*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/actions1.gif
I think it will handle it as tft monitors consume very little power compared to CRTs.. But im not very sure if it will support it.

I did not get your last sentence. Can you specify what you mean by it will handle it but not support it?

OP
T

tech_lover

Journeyman
i dont think there will b any prob with that.

Thanks hellgate. Just put the Corsair and tested. It is back to life.

Hi amitash, the temps from the included intel desktop utility (all degrees C)

Motherboard: 36. I/O controller hub: 62 Memory Cont Hub: 67
Proccy: 33 Proccy Fan: 972 RPM
Machine is at complete idle state for 1/2 hour. Room temp is 22

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom