PC Hangs After every 5 mins

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerguy

Broken In
Hello everyone
I assembled my PC of my own.
The problem I m facing is that my PC hangs for 2-3 sec after every 5 min.
Pls suggest a solution as I am totally fed up with this
Regards.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
You mean your pc hangs for 2to 3 seconds every 5 minutes and then again takes over or is good for another 5 minutes. . hmmmm.. check if the ram is properly installed and check weather the ram is ok in condition .
Also check if you have made a permant swap file as this kind of problem is more pronunced when the swap file is scattered every where on the harddisk
Immediate remidy is to Defrag and set the Swap file to Permenant size .

Also go to Bio and set it to optimised settings , Lower the Latency cache of Ram from 3 to 2 , See if Processor L2 is enabled . Also check the same for Video Bios .

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Check your processor's fan if it is working properly or not, coz it is the main reason of hanging PCs. Make sure it is not installed in opposite direction, i.e. air flow must be in processor's direction.

Also, If u made ur disk partitions using partition magic, generally this problem is faced. Try to repartition it using FDISK or DM.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Re: b more specific

iinfi said:
b more specific yaar

like ur PC config and ur OS ?

C'mon yaar iinfi, this is a common problem faced by newbies assembling PCs. All that goes wrong is CPU fan installaton or partitioning and nothing else.

@killerguy, dont worry, check fan and partitions, and everything will be fine. If it does not, check thy ram. There is nothing in a new system that can hang it after each 5 minuts.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom