PC Games Making a Comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/gamesforwindows.jpg

Most gamers today realize that consoles hold the lion's share of the gaming market. Some of us recall when that was not the case, and recent numbers indicate that PC games are making quite a comeback against their console brethren. The NDP Group, an independent research firm, says that for the first two months of 2007, PC game sales have jumped to $203 million, a 48% increase compared to the same period last year. While they point to the success of World of Warcraft as a prime example, Anita Frazier, an industry analyst for the NPD Group says, "The robust performance we're seeing in PC game sales can be tied to several key titles across several genres." One thing I would be remiss in not mentioning would be the recent efforts of Microsoft to spotlight the PC as a gaming platform. Sure, it's in their best interest, but you have to admit that the Games for Windows tag is a pretty darn good idea. Especially when you consider that they plan to tie the PC and console gamers together using Games for Windows - Live in the near future. I wonder who will win those online contests?

Source= *news.filefront.com/images/game_news.gif

PC games, once down, show signs of rebound at *i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/hdft/redball.gif*i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/hdft/hd-site-3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom