PC Freezing , and not becasue of the winter !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Well of late my PC has been constanly freezing. Now i am not sure if you are familiar but if u listen closely ( very ) you can hear a faint chk noise evrytime your PC restart normally . Well everytime before freezing i got that noise. I feared a read/write errr and scanned my pc using HDtune (*hdtune.com) and also performed scan disk. I didnt get any error so i have ruled out Hard Disk problem . After a little more experimenting i realized that i get this erro everytime a pirtivular scratched CD is there in my CDROM . Now i removed the CD and booted and i dont see it freezing ( else i wont be typing this :p ) . So i now think my CDROM is at fault .. ( I have been suspecting the darn thing for a while now ! )
So help me out because i sometimes fear a prob with the mobo .. which could spell my death ( eek !) ..

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
It's pretty clear that problem is in CD when you experience problem only when u insert bad quality CD. Unreadable CD's when inserted tends to freeze the system. This is a known fact. Just avoid those CD's, otherwise you would end up damaging ur CD drive.

anandk

Distinguished Member
c if something at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37815&highlight=freezes helps u :)

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Confirmed : Its because of my CDROM ..
Now could it be because it have connected it somewhere wrong.. naah not that dumb !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom