PC foolin around. HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

armourlength

Right off the assembly line
I have a Athlon 2600+ on Asus A7V8X SE MB with 256 MB DDR 333MHz RAM OS is XP PRO SP2
For the past 1 month the PC freezes :?: :?: occassionally when slightly memory intensive work like running multi apps, audio editing & playing Midtown Madness bundled with Digit Jun 05.
Once it freezes I restart & then too it freezes while running scandisk or during startup.
Since yesterday its become very frequent & I can't do anything on it.
Rt now it said It couldn't load the user profile (ADMIN)
and sent me to default profile. Where too it froze when I ran chkdsk from RUN... as some files were corrupted & the bubble keeps popping up.
Pl help me as I feel its some thing to do with the RAM being faulty ( its a yr old RAM) Check out the problems I have been facing:-
Here's a summary of some more problems:-

1. NAV 2003 freezes when doing complete system scan.
2. Defragmentation of C: doesn't take place even after 2 hrs (10GB partition) It remains @ 10 - 15%
3. Recently an error has started cropping up after I close IE 6.

iexplore.exe - Application error
INSTRUCTION AT "0x0190e10" referenced memory at "0x0128ad58". The memory could not be read.
Click OK to terminate the program.

What cud be the prob. There's no overheating prob..

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Somethings u can try:
1. try installing new drivers ...if that doesnt work reinstall windows
2.open ur cabinet...check temperatures of the cpu/ram/harddisk, also clean ur components of dust etc.
3.ur motherboard capacitors might be damaged...this usually happens due to cheap components being used/faulty power supply

mohit

The Hardware Labs
it could also be that ur hard disk is losing its life. get it checked for bad sectors. i suggest u completely format all partitions and reinstall windows. do the above suggested by ringwraith also. hope it helps. and i hope u r using a good UPS also. Power fluctuations can cause seriouse damage to your pc. take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom