PC dont recognize Sony camcord

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
Recently I have purchased Sony Cam Cord DCR-HC42E , but my PC failed to recognize it after installing the driver cd and before installation :twisted: :evil: .
I refered to troubleshoot but it did not help at all :cry:

Device manager :all USB ports properly installed and other USB devices like moyse scanner working properly.

Config: P4 2.4, 256MB RAM. 80GB HDD, Dual boot, Win XP PRO Updated and Win 98 Updated

suhasingale

Journeyman
Try Dis:
Der is an option in Cam to enable USB. Chek wether u hav eneabled dis. Dis cud solve ur prb coz i hav also faced thew same prb.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Most camera's will have a mode in which they send data to a computer through USB. Read the manual to see if your camcorder needs to be put into such a mode.

Raaabo

Edit: According to Sony:
*www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/template/KBDetails.aspx

There are a four reasons why the data transfer between the Handycam and the computer does not work properly, please ensure the followings are checked:

1. The i.LINK cable is plugged in properly.
2. The application software is set up correctly. If not, please close the application software and start it again.
3. The Handycam's POWER switch is in right mode, or the cassette is inserted correctly.
4. The Handycam is set up correctly. If not, please turn off the camera and turn it on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom