PC doesn't boot after maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

risqer

Stareable.com
Hi,
I have a 3.02 Ghz P4 HT and D915GAV mobo. The CPU temperature was at 92 so i cleaned the fans and applied Artic Silver as usual. I do it every 4 months or so, the fan gets all dusty. But this time, after fitting everything, the PC is not booting, i checked the RAM, they are fine, i tried another power supply, still it doesn't boot. The problem lies in the motherboard or the processor. But i can't figure out which.
After i power on the system, the 3 leds on the keyboard blink once and then they are off. Nothing happens and the fan keeps spinning. Wat i observed was the keyboard lights blink immediately. Normally they blink after say 3 seconds. Wat can be the problem?

praka123

left this forum longback
I faced the same problem of not getting system working after a clean up including a Vaccum CLeaner blower used from a distance to keep the dirt blowed off.anyways the system stops working while processor is running.lately i got my mobo replaced as it is under warranty.not to fret you but do check any possibilty for mobo to get working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom