Status
Not open for further replies.

asif1231

Broken In
while playing games like rise of legends and company of heroes the screen freezes with a screaching sound and i have to restart the system, and after reboot it says ''system recovered from a sereous problem'' i have 1.2 gb of ddr ram and 7600gs xfx card pls help.....

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
turn off auto restart and then wait for BSOD then google (or MS KB) error code.
what is ur CPU and PSU?

shashank4u

Youngling
upgrade your graphics card drivers to the latest one ..also upgrade your chipset drivers of the Mobo..
and try running games at the minimum settings.

vutonium

Broken In
the same thing happens wit me.but i aint doin anythin when it happens.even while listening to music in winamp wit no plugins and wave out output plugin.The PC just hangs with a sharp piercing sound and i hav to reset.

I use P3 1.0Ghz 256MB ram single module.and creative es1781soundcard

Liggy

Vutonium your issue might be low RAM. what other progs do you have running on your sys. do you have a third party firewall/AntiVirus. run a AV scan.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@vutonium

Ur prb seems to b coz of low hardware resources.

Dont 4get to update/reinstall ur soundcard drivers too.

sashijoseph

In the zone
You may want to check the following.
Your cpu and gpu temperatures.
Your psu...your stock psu may be failing you
Ram...swap with a friend's etc.

OP
asif1231

asif1231

Broken In
MY cpu is amd 3000 and mobo is msi i use 1.2 gb transend ram and generaly graphic card temp is around 65 to70 after playing games i have updated the drivers , i suppose i have fairly good hardware,no virus evything is ok except while playing game, i have played high end games before without difficulty

shri

Always Fresh!
I'm facing a similar problem. My PC config is
AMD64 3000+
ASUS A8N-E
512MB Dynet Ram
XFX nVidia 6600 256MB graphics card

I've tried reinstalling windows. I have the latest graphics and motherboard drivers installed. The system temperature is within limits. No viruses. While playing games like NFS carbon and most wanted and some fps, the screen freezes all of a sudden. The sound gets screechy. The only option is to restart the computer. Its annoying when it happens during critical stages of the race.

Anyone knows a solution?

vutonium

Broken In
Hell no it aint coz of low resources.There was a time when my sys worked perfectly fine.And my sound and all drivers r the latest available.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Seems to b a Windows Driver prb. Preferably reinstall ur OS. Also get appropriate updates to XP SP2. Try Autopatcher n chk which one matches ur need (Driver compatibility, updates to drivers, etc.)

vutonium

Broken In
Do u think I havent tried all this??
I've been using this PC since 2000.
When it was new with the same hardware it ran fine.
Even I had installed XP Pro licenced when it was just released.
All the patches were installed just when they were released.
Even the service packs.
The problem started an year back.
I've tried every possible thing.
Whenever I had called tech support at home to check my PC the PC worked just fine.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Check your CPU fan. It may be choked of dust. Clean it along with the heatsink. I hope this solves.

Liggy

asif1231 said:
could it b by any chance a hard drive problem,
are you refering to your problem or vutonium's problem, I'm getting confused whos issue we are trying to solve now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom