pc configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikas_r_s

Broken In
hi there,
can anyone tell me the configuration of a low end p4 pc for programming and office work.It should also support a decent TV tuner card.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
@mahesh babu,
U needn't show evil faces to newbies. Just tell'em so and then alert the mods.

geekysage

Journeyman
I might be neddlessly meddling here but i gotta say this, most of you guys are a total freak about post placement. Moderators are there to move the post in the right section and do similar chores. So WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL, YO? Chill!

Besides, vikas has a genuine question which IMHO rightly belongs here.

@mahesh babu: What hardware section are you talking about anyway? Do you want vikas to post this question in the hardware reviews section? How apt will that be, dude?

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
There are many configs in the hardware review section.CHeck them.If ppl go on posting a seperate thread for their configs then there would be hundreads of threads here which would be annoying to answer.

geekysage

Journeyman
You said, "WHy cant you post it in hardware section?" Of course, i agree with your point about searching first.

Zaysen

Broken In
vikas_r_s said:
hi there,
can anyone tell me the configuration of a low end p4 pc for programming and office work.It should also support a decent TV tuner card.

Your Question Was Quite Interesting and Hence This Reply.Please Send Me Your E mail Address so that i can mail you the configuration i Assembled For Some One you Asked.

Zaysen

Broken In
vikas_r_s said:
hi there,

Assembled The Following on August 16th 2005 All Prices Nehru Place New Delhi as on this Date.

Intel Celeron 2.53 Ghz Rs 3750.00 socket 478
Intel genuine d865gbf Mother Board rs 4700/-
Transcend DDR 400 Mhz 512 Mb Ram 256*2 Rs 3000/-
XFX NVidia geforce 4 Mx 4000 AGP Card Rs 1690/-
Pixel View TV TUner Card Internal 1500/-
Asus DVD Rom Drive Rs 1400/-
Samsung CD RW Rs 1300
Cabinet Navtech Temperature Series HT 2688 B 4 Fans Type Rs 1000/-
Without Original Power Supply
Power Supply Antec Smart Power 400 Watts Rs 3500/-
D Link Internal Modem 56.60 Kbps Rs 450/-
TVS Key Board 1100/-
Logitech Scroll Mouse 250/-
Microtek Monitor 17" 4370 OSD Rs 5000/-
microtek ups 600 va max power Rs 2000/-

The Above Configuration can satisfy the most of basic pc users neds but not high end gaming in which i do not believe.You Can Change the Celeron Processor to a P4 2.40 Ghz For Rs 6350/- But The Factor of Heat Will also Increase.Please Note that a TV Tuner Inside a PC Can be used only for short time and not as a complete replacement as a tv as in my own pc while watching tv in pixel view tuner card in Windows Me Upon Changing the Channel The OS Got Jammed and Upon Hot Restart the Mother Boards Main Chipset 845 got burnt.hence please use TV in a PC Judiciously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom