PC configuration between 15 to 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskbug

Broken In
amd 3000+ venice & mobo asus A8NVM : 8400rs ( onboard 6100 not bad for occasional gaming@low settings )

ram : 512mb 1900rs ( atleast hynix.. think transcend costs more...)
atx : 800rs (with 350watt smps more than enough)

mouse /kbd : 800rs logitech combo
ups : intex 600va platinum 1500rs,
monitor : samsung 15" 4000rs
optical : dvd cd combo lg/lite on : 1400rs
sata : 80gb sgt/western digital 2400rs (not sure)

TOTAL : 20,400rs

Last edited:

cyrux

In the zone
The above mobo , i dont think its compatible with win 98...infact most of the mobos now a days arent...so guess you have to go with something thats old

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Windows 98 wont work properly on any new PC. Probably you will have to buy a second hand PC for that. Why do you want to run windows 98 on it, any specific reason?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kalpik said:
Windows 98 wont work properly on any new PC. Probably you will have to buy a second hand PC for that. Why do you want to run windows 98 on it, any specific reason?

Seemingly, it is obvious. He has to add another Rs.3500/- to the budget. IMO also, if he is particular about 98, it will be better and cheaper to go for a second hand PC.

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
kalpik said:
I do some sort of programming in Fortran and GW Basic both of which work on DOS. I heard that the DOS under XP doesnot allow those compiler to run. Is it true?:?:

OP
K

kisorgovinda

Broken In
rskbug said:
amd 3000+ venice & mobo asus A8NVM : 8400rs ( onboard 6100 not bad for occasional gaming@low settings )

ram : 512mb 1900rs ( atleast hynix.. think transcend costs more...)
atx : 800rs (with 350watt smps more than enough)

mouse /kbd : 800rs logitech combo
ups : intex 600va platinum 1500rs,
monitor : samsung 15" 4000rs
optical : dvd cd combo lg/lite on : 1400rs
sata : 80gb sgt/western digital 2400rs (not sure)

TOTAL : 20,400rs

Does amd processor support 8086/8088 assembly language? Hope it should not.:confused:

Geforce

Journeyman
AMD Athlon64 is fully x86 architecture compatible not sure 'bout 8088.

You could always run your programs in a virtual machine loaded with a DOS os in windows xp. It emulates an old hardware so shouldn't be a problem.

You can even load win 98 easily on a virtual machine, and it will run FORTRAN and GW basic fine. I dont think you would be using assembly code in these languages, are you ? I yes then also i think it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom